Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes. The dragon does not threaten any squares)

*Rhys charges and makes a powerful cut into the dragon's crystalline hide.*

(OOC: 8 Damage, and 1 higher on the d20 would have been a crit threat. Man you guys are rolling well! 27 so far, plus however much it already had.)

*Meanwhile, Findoram stands up and moves towards Cade. Next round he can reach and heal Cade.*

*The dragon, much as expected, responds to Tandi's hold around its head by bringing its claws up to bear, brutally slashing through her simple monk's outfit and deep into her flesh, leaving ribbons of blood where once there was smooth skin. Tandi gurgles out foaming blood as she falls from her perch unceremoniously to the ground.*

(OOC: Tandi takes 28 and is now at ~-5.

Okay, now everyone else gets to go again!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Eskon and Tandi bleed, Findoram heals Cade substantially with a lucky heal. Meanwhile, Meliana moves over to Eskon and also gets a lucky heal, providing a great deal of life energy and waking the Paladin.*

*Cade strikes a weak spot in he dragon's defenses, but his blow is at least slowed by the crystal scales, and it turns out to be a weaker one.*

(OOC: 6 Damage)

*Meanwhile, Sashal now has to deal with allies blocking her shot, but the dragon remains trivially easy to strike with ranged touch attacks, so even her poorly-aimed blow impales a bit of the dragon's leg with a crystalline lance.*

(OOC: 19 more Damage, adding in everything, you guys have done 52 so far)

*Finally, Thurgan circles a bit more, tumbling into a flanking position and makes a powerful sneak attack with his waraxe, cutting deep through the dragon's diamondlike scales and into its flesh. Rhys is not as lucky--despite the aid of Thurgan's flank, the goblin's sword clinks ineffectually off the dragon's iridescent scales. Still, it was a lucky round in general for Rhys and his allies.*

(OOC: 17 more damage, so 69 so far)

*Enraged, the dragon decides to strike at Thurgan, as the dwarf is not a pint-sized opponent and has struck the dragon quite solidly. With cruel claws and razor teeth, plus a finishing blow with one of its crystal-tipped wing talons, the dragon fells Thurgan with frightening and deadly ease. It even has two remaining attacks, a wing talon and a tail slap, and it uses those against Cade, the opponent who can match its reach, stepping forward with a 5-foot-step to pummel into its halfling adversary. It fumbles a bit with its powerful tail slap, but the weaker wing pinion strikes a devastating blow, impaling Cade through the chest before being pulled forcibly outward. If not for Findoram, Cade would be in serious trouble.*

(OOC: Thurgan down,
Cade takes 12 Damage

Everyone's turn again, even Eskon)

Bront

The man with the probe
"Thank you," Cade says to Findoram as he continues to lance at the creature.

OOC: How many did I heal? I'm at -2 + whatever was healed. And 6 points of damage? That's sad. And shouldn't Scun have attacked or done something last round?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: 15, you're at +13 now. Also, yes, Scun should have. I missed him because I thought I had everyone's action and I wanted to move forward :(

He was casting Aid on himself last round, so I'm guessing he would want to attack with his spear this time, so I'll have him do that. Okay, rolled for it and he missed.)

B4cchus

Explorer
Findoram converts another spell to close the new wounds Cade just recieved form the dragon

ooc: convert spiritual hammer to cast cmw on Cade for 9 hp.
Bront: previous cure was for 15 hp.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: I'll be gone till next weekend. RA: could you NPC Findoram untill then? He'll be healing Cade next round if cade gets hit hard, then he'll move to the fallen allies to stabilize them and keep them away from death's gate.

Remove ads