• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Bront seems to be having being-here issues. Must be the curse of the PbP Mod. Gets em every time. Let's say he decides to attack while keeping the flank with Rhys, since that makes sense)

*Eskon swings and misses at his foe.*

*Cade attacks, using his flank with Rhys to strike the enemy again.*

(OOC: 8 Damage, total 45)

*The dark knight swings at Eskon and nearly fells the young Paladin save for his armour, which deflects the blow at the last second. Meanwhile, the woman who still hasn't revealed herself blasts at Findoram with dark energy and strikes him again, leaving him unsteady on his feet.*

(OOC: 5 Damage, total 24 to Findoram

Findoram's turn)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Findoram's attack deflects harmlessly from the evil cleric's chain armour, and she uses her wand to heal her injured champion, an action that proves crucial for her when Rhys's falchion finally strikes home solidly, cutting a deep and deadly swathe through the much larger enemy. Still, he manages to remain standing, barely, though it is only his rage that props him up.*

(OOC: Healed by 9, 16 Damage after Rhys rolled a 19 and then an 18 to confirm, total 52

Cade's turn. Someone else want to give an action for Cade?)

Bront

The man with the probe
Cade will attack.

OOC: However, you'll see my "I'm gone post". I'm going to try to stick this out to the (hopefully soon) ending. Been in this adventure way too long to not finish it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Cool, I forgot that Eskon gets to go too before Cade. Anyone want to suggest an action for him? Just attacking again? Meanwhile--)

*Cade's attack seems powerful enough to finish his enemy off, but it deflects off the tough scales.*

(OOC: Should I just have Eskon attack? Anybody?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Eskon misses yet again, his luck still terrible ever since the fight with the crystal dragon.*

*The draconic berserker's blood pours from a wound in his head and covers his eyes, making his desperate enraged assault against Cade barely miss again.*

*Meanwhile, Eskon's opponent has a better time of it and finally manages to down the young paladin with a single finishing blow.*

"Bravo. It took you, like, forever," the woman laughs as she launches dark energy at Findoram and brings the dwarven cleric low as well, "Hmm, looks like a sure win now."

*The dark elven cleric tries to heal the draconic berserker, but her wand barely works at all, and Rhys falchion comes down once more and slashes near the throat. Steamy red-dragonkin blood splatters to the ground as the mighty berserker is unable to hold consciousness any longer and falls to the ground.*

"Yo, stupid peeps. Our Knight of Missitude finally got to win the fight he wanted, and our fearless leader who was out for blood is down for the count, but you guys are pretty obviously screwed. Why not just let us take the treasure? Just flee now, and we won't chase ya. You'll get to live, even. Two survivors is pretty good compared to our usual record when facing random encounters like this in a dungeon crawl."

(OOC: Dragonman, Eskon, and Findoram are down.

That leaves Cade and Rhys vs Elf Girl, Dark Knight, and In-The-Shadows-Girl. Also, Eskon and Findoram bleed.

Cade's turn next, and Bront is staying for this, right?)

Remove ads