Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

BigB

First Post
Attempt Diplomacy Check - Cade speaks out attempting a Diplomacy to defend his honor etc... "Do not listen to the twisted words of the evil one that hides in the shadows as its allies attack us. The Paladin of Hyrag is our companion that these evil monsters have laid low. The Goblin even blessed his sword with the might of Shural before Eskon the Paladin faced the evil knight of darkness on his hellborn steed."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, come on--don't fall for their wicked tricks: Do you think a goblin and a dark elf would be the good guys? Eskon and I are buddies. You can wake him up later and ask him."

"I'm not sure who to believe, but it's clear that the goblin, the dark knight, and the Nesfylim are probably evil, whether or not the halfling is lying. We'll take them out first, alright guys?"

"I shall make a ballad of this battle as we fight:
'For bravely yon in caverns of the dark
Twixt crystal walls of iridescent hue
The Order of the Gnomads make their mark-- "

"Hey! That's not the name we agreed on!"

"Shh!

'To quash evil through feats of derring-do!' "

*The dark knight of undeath charges forward at Rhys and manages to nearly fumble off his horse, his bad luck returning.*

(OOC: :lol: Another Natural 1)

*The lady in the darkness fires her energy at Cade and hurts him badly, but the elven priestess's blade cannot connect.*

(OOC: Cade takes 11

Rhys's turn)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rhys's attack is unable to connect with the dark elf. She, however, manages a lucky blow against the goblin priest.*

*The gnome continues his unusual poetry, thus giving himself and his allies a boost in their morale, or at least trying--it is questionable whether gnome poetry is actually a morale booster or a deterrant. The lady knight moves forward to attack, though with her heavy armour, she can't make it to the battle yet. The half elf advances and tosses a dagger at the Nesfylim woman, nicking her just barely. The man with the wand waves it about and conjures a spell, firing a ray of searing flame at the dark knight, singeing him badly.*

"Don't listen to the witch in the darkness. We serve the cause of good!" Cade exclaims, taking another attack against the Nesfylim woman, this time successful, leaving her badly hurt.

*The dark knight takes another attack at Rhys and hits, and the mysterious dark lady blasts the goblin as well, slipping him into unconsciousness.*

~~~~~

*Some time later, Eskon and Findoram awake. The blonde-haired lady knight peers down at them.*

"What ho? Brave warriors, you were lucky to survive a fight with such heinous villains. I have awakened you because I trust you to help me determine which of the fallen are friends who should be revived and which are foes who need to be slain. I don't trust the halfling completely. Also, my friends and I are looking for something very special here. We were wondering if you got a chance to examine this room thoroughly before you were attacked?"

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
BigB said:
Attempt Diplomacy Check - Cade speaks out attempting a Diplomacy to defend his honor etc... "Do not listen to the twisted words of the evil one that hides in the shadows as its allies attack us. The Paladin of Hyrag is our companion that these evil monsters have laid low. The Goblin even blessed his sword with the might of Shural before Eskon the Paladin faced the evil knight of darkness on his hellborn steed."
OOC: Dispite the fact that you're probably right, Cade + Diplomacy usually = Fail :( I use DarkOliveGreen for cade's text if you care btw :)

BigB

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Dispite the fact that you're probably right, Cade + Diplomacy usually = Fail :( I use DarkOliveGreen for cade's text if you care btw :)

ooc: Just tried to keep with Cades background. And sure, I will be sure to use DarkOliveGreen if needed in the future. ;)

B4cchus

Explorer
Findoram blinks several times as he is awakened "What? Who? Who are you?" He then looks around to see where he is. After determing that he is still in the room where he lost consciousness he turns his attention back to the knight "You are not with the dragon knight and his evil henchmen?" Then he stands up and looks around to find his companions. "What became of my companions? I see Eskon here is also present and awake. What of Cade, Rhys, Tandi and Scun?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The blonde-haired woman in gleaming armour smiles and shakes her head.*

"The red dragonkin looked dead, or near to it. That woman in the shadows escaped in a shroud of darkness with his body. When it cleared, both had vanished. The dark elf cast Sanctuary on herself and managed to escape while we were unable to attack her. I think the dark knight is dead, or at least dragged into the Underworld on that black steed of his."

"So the only unconscious bodies of bad guys we have are the goblin and the orc. There's also a human girl, but I couldn't tell which side she was on. There's a halfling around, but he seems crazy. I figured I could trust another Paladin and a Dwarf Cleric of Gundar."

Remove ads