• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sick Day

DarrenGMiller

First Post
I took a sick day today (I am a high school teacher) to get some sleep and get my car fixed (no heater/defroster/air conditioner fan). It is also the end of my busiest season (marching band) and the first day I could actually afford to miss work. I am going to get some reading done, get the car looked at and generally de-stress this weekend. I can feel myself getting sick from lack of proper sleep, so I needed to take preventive measures (including Airborne - if you haven't tried it, I recommend it - It can be found in the pharmacy area of pretty much any major discount or drug store)

My apologies for wasting a thread on this, but posting about it helps the de-stressing part.

DM

I understand the need to de-stress, Wolf. As y'all have probably noticed, I start one of these types of threads about once a month or so when I'm generally FREAKING OUT about being so stressed I might die.

Ahhh - I love my life. ;)

How'd the de-stressing go, anyway? :)

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I understand the need to de-stress, Wolf. As y'all have probably noticed, I start one of these types of threads about once a month or so when I'm generally FREAKING OUT about being so stressed I might die.

Ahhh - I love my life. ;)

How'd the de-stressing go, anyway? :)

Well, Queen D, Everything went well THAT day. It was the next morning I found out about the former student of mine that took his own life (see my tragic news thread). I got back from the service a little while ago. So, I took another day off (mostly) today to go to the service. Two sick/personal days in one semester is almost unheard of for me (though I am out on professional leave an average of once every two weeks throughout the school year), let alone two within a few days of each other. However, I would not have missed the service today for anything. It was truly a catharsis.

Thanks for asking!

DM

Starman

Adventurer
My sanity day is next Wednesday, the ninth. A Feast for Crows should be delivered to my doorstep and I'm taking the day off so I can chill out and read. Woot!

Greylock

First Post
der_kluge said:
I see people do this all the time.

It's not called a "sick day", it's called a "sanity day".

And by taking it as a sick day, the employer gets the luxury of paying for it?

Sorry, but if you need to shake free for a day, come clean and take the hit on the paycheck and your workplace rep. Don't make the boss pay.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it. Lies bug me. Even the little white lies.

Remove ads