Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
ooc: I'm stalling a little to see if anyone else joins us.

ooc: OK, we have four, so let's get things moving.

Once again, there is a quick huddle, this time involving not only the Wizard, but also the senior bodyguard.

"Very well, I can extend the same offer to you two as well. 9,000 gp for your participation. This book is enchanted so as to make such agreements a binding geas. To foreclose any further argument, let us use the terminology Mr. Zaeryl has suggested."

She opens the book to a blank page and writes:

I agree to protect the fortress to the best of my abilities, diligently and with all deliberate speed.

"My apologies for the melodrama, but the enchantment on the book requires that it be signed in blood. My backers insisted upon it if we were to pay in advance, and I believe this is not a mission suited to ill equiped heroes."

Does everyone sign?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Knowledge Arcana / etc--does this seem to actually be a Geas as suggested rather than something more sinister? When I finish updating him, Zaeryl will have +19 Knowledge Arcana, +8 in the lower Knowledges, etc)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Knowledge Arcana / etc--does this seem to actually be a Geas as suggested rather than something more sinister? When I finish updating him, Zaeryl will have +19 Knowledge Arcana, +8 in the lower Knowledges, etc)

Zaeryl's opinion is that the thing sure looks like what it is purported to be. Signing in blood would constitute consenting to a geas spell, but Zaeryl doesn't believe their would be any other ill effects. He's under the impression that it would be a lot more difficult to craft an item like this that would bind someone to something other than the stipulated condition.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*In that case (the case that he is mostly certain that this puts on the written geas, and just the written geas, as per the Geas spell exactly), Zaeryl agrees to the geas, signing in blood.*

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus is more than happy to rush into many sorts of dangers, but in this case, he looks to Iggy to confirm that it seems alright. He signs after Iggy does. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Unless Iggy suspects darker designs, he takes the gease at face value and signs (abiet squeamishly) with his own blood.

OOC: Got to decide what to do w/my $9K. Save it for a blessed book later? lesser rod of empowerment? headband of intellect & some other lesser magics?

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Charlarn says, "If that is what it takes, then I'll do it." He cuts his hand and signs his name in the book. Once everyone is done, he heals everyone with spontaneous cure minor wounds. Wiping the blood off his hand, Charlarn asks, "Who are your backers?"

Patlin

Explorer
"I represent a group of patriots. As the official position of our land is to accomodate the Dragons, we wish to preserve our anonimity. Perhaps we should talk about the fortress?"

Manzanita

First Post
"We should move with great haste." says Iggy. "We must finish our shopping, then let's leave. I have a pony I can ride. How do you plan on getting to the Stonepikes? Perhaps you can fill us in on all the details once we're on the road. We do need to know what we need to buy. Do we need climbing gear? And will you have provisions for us while we travel and once we get there?"

Remove ads