Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Scales of War Up

Reaper Steve

Explorer
I like this adventure a lot.

Thanks to those that pointed out the nonsensical nature of the river... now that will nag at me!

Also, the final encounter room could use a better map. Specifically, the platforms are supposed to be steel grates like the boiler room, yet they mapped them as stone. Not a terrible problem. The bigger issue is that it appears the top platform joins at both the +60' and +80' elevation. Obviously, that can't work. I wonder if the connection at the 60' elevation is supposed to be a separate ring but the mapper accidently drew it to connect with the top ring which is actually 20' higher.

Hopefully they will correct this in the monthly compilation.

And hopefully, they will provide full-rise, hi-res images of the other maps!

So, anyone have any idea how to tie both adventures together? I've only perused it, but what's the link between the Emissary's message in Rescue at Rivenroar and the actual Dark One Emissary in Bordrin's Watch? Or should we start a "Fixing Siege at Bordrin's Watch"?

AR

Hussar

Legend
Haven't read through it yet so I can't comment on the actual adventure, but did flip through the pages. Two comments so far:

Landscape format - Good:D

Tiny maps (again) - BAD!:(

When are they going to figure this out. It's a PDF, not a print product. PAGE COUNT DOESN'T MATTER! Make all maps page size and provide keyed and unkeyed versions, period. Also need page size artwork for handouts and play-aids. Unless this is done, I will not pay for these. As of right now, when the free trial is up, my involvement with WoTC is up. If you want me to buy a subscription, you guys better start doing better than this.:erm:

Another vote for this.

Guys, pony up on the bandwidth - we want labeld and unlabeled maps, and, battlemap size printability would be extra juicy. Jeez, it's just photoshop. Take the extra ten minutes and do the job right.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Says you!

I bet M.C. Escher would beg to differ!

Goin' up the stairs, and goin' down the stairs, and goin' up the sideways stairs!

The rest of the adventure, and their adventure path, doesn't seem to be grabbing me, but like other posters, parts of it are. I'm definitely stealing that War troll. "Don't make me pick you up and beat him with you!"

zoroaster100

First Post
At first glance, this one seems better than the first one on the Path, if only because it seems to have interesting new monsters useable for other adventures. But the lack of an outline for the path means I have zero interest in running this, at least until I see more adventures in the path. I can see no clear link between the two adventures and no clear hint as to the over all plot. Without an outline, as DM I can't really plan how to adjust the path for my group without knowing whether a minor change in an adventure would hamper use of future adventures in the path.

One thing I've noticed, about the maps: If you select them in the PDF, and copy/paste them in any image tool (hell, MSPaint will do), they come out a little bigger.

For example, the Overlook map is 754 pixels wide in the PDF, but 1023 pixels wide once I copy/pasted it into MSPaint.

AR

Asmor

First Post
It's worth mentioning that two of the new critters aren't included in the appendix-- the Cavern Choker and Dark One Emissary (though in the latter case, it could be argued it's not a new kind of monster so much as a semi-generic unique one...).

Remove ads