Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Scales of War Up

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Second this. Star Wars Dawn of Defiance has one. It's mapped out for every adventure with a small synopsis for every adventure. Rechan is probably right, which makes me wonder if they just kind of threw the idea of having an adventure path together to get people interested in Dungeon (or possibly because of Paizo - or both). Or they don't even have an outline and they're just writing them as they go.

The editor of Dungeon magazine today was the editor of Dungeon when the first Adventure Path in Paizo Dungeon started. He may have changed his surname, but the guy is still the same.

Cheers!

catsclaw227

First Post
Another pleading for maps, I dare say, at least maps the way that Paizo did them for Dungeon. Hi Res, labeled and unlabeled.

Now, if they want to "one-up" the other guys, they'd give us battle-map sized images for the encounter areas.

Weregrognard

First Post
I'd also like a path summary. After skimming through the second adventure, it seems that there is little or no apparent link to the first adventure. OTOH, this may be a good thing since I can probably insert other adventures and come back to the adventure path at my leisure.

The_Fan

First Post
The thing that's bothering me the most (so much I made another thread on it) is that if you put the two maps so far together (filling in the missing parts with the Red Hand of Doom adventure), you find that the river apparently runs two directions and doesn't go anywhere. That river is driving me crazy.

legiondevil

First Post
I would like these adventurers even if they served no other purpose than ating as "expanded monster manuals." But, since there's actually a usable town, and more powers I can crop and adapt for PC use, the rating goes up quite a bit in my book.

Arnwyn

First Post
Pretty nifty, but still issues.

Pros:
- Great maps (design) and interesting locations.
- A full-size (monstrous, actually) city with details. Very nice.

Cons:
- Where the heck in Elsir Vale does this take place? I don't see anything familiar.
- Where is the AP synopsis?
- Why are the maps so bloody small (both in size and resolution)? Holy crap, it's PDF. (No wonder I always say "PDF sucks".) High-res and full-page maps, please. High-res especially.

catsclaw227

First Post
Anyone know where there's a better map of the Elsir Vale other than the one on Wizard's Map Gallery for RHoD?

(BTW -- these maps, though small and lo-res, are kinda neat.)

The maps are so small, but I would love to be able to use one as a reference. Is there a new one with the timeline advanced past RHoD?

Scribble

First Post
I would like these adventurers even if they served no other purpose than ating as "expanded monster manuals." But, since there's actually a usable town, and more powers I can crop and adapt for PC use, the rating goes up quite a bit in my book.

Now that they've added the Monsters section to the compendium... Even without the adventures Dungeon gets a bonus value... Easy to use monthly monsters. Nice.

Remove ads