Sigil Setting: Combat Tavern?

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Okay, here's the proposal currently under discussion.

People want another tavern setting.
People want a tavern setting where there's no restriction on character types.
People seem to want a tavern setting where the owner doesn't care about major brawls.

And I want to revamp Sigil.

So what if the Hive becomes a tavern? The Great Bazaar stays a marketplace area where you can buy anything the planes have available, but the Hive becomes a tavern in a den of such scum and villainry that no one cares if you kill off the guy sitting across the table from you as long as he's paid his bar tab.

In Code of Conduct terms, the Great Bazaar stays a non-combat room. The Hive stays a combat room, but becomes the only combat room where regular RPing is allowed too. We move CageGolem to the Hive, or give the Hive a new golem of its own, either is possible.

Now to be clear, this is still under discussion! Not a given! But comments are welcome and please post them here.

I still have copies of the previous discussion on what sort of tavern, but given the new location and purpose, I think we should start from scratch.

Nevine

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
So what if the Hive becomes a tavern? The Great Bazaar stays a marketplace area where you can buy anything the planes have available, but the Hive becomes a tavern in a den of such scum and villainry that no one cares if you kill off the guy sitting across the table from you as long as he's paid his bar tab.

In Code of Conduct terms, the Great Bazaar stays a non-combat room. The Hive stays a combat room, but becomes the only combat room where regular RPing is allowed too. We move CageGolem to the Hive, or give the Hive a new golem of its own, either is possible.

This thread is going places already.

That room would be a macabre train wreck that you cannot look away from. Oh, the roleplayanity.

In short, do it. It's a fantastic idea. I want to see the horror.

Edit: I suggest Shankgolem or Shivgolem.

Last edited:

Kinetti

First Post
Well, it'd certainly fit the spirit of the Hive, I'd think. the worst sorts of people go to the Hive, and I'd definitely not be surprised if one of those barmiest of Cagers would idly reach over and slit the throat of the bubber next to them with their chiv while sippin' some suds at the corner tavern.

Kallikrates

First Post
This seems like a good idea to me. I too already imagine the mayhem. It will be comical to say the least. Maybe the golem could be somewhat crazy too. But that would require one of our esteemed magi to control it. Hmmm.... I wonder what kind of programming code is used for Enworld.

Oh, yes. I forgot, how do you plan on revamping Sigil?

Ruthia

First Post
Oh the insanity......I like it! *grins*

Seriously, its what we need, a place to fight and have the stupid argueing that happens before hand as well as well as healing and what not...the rough bar were no one flinches when blood flys! It's great!

Keon

First Post
OOOOO! Do it! Do it! Do it!!

That idea sound SOOO great. I would love to be able to have my 'secret' person come in and start throwing chairs and daggers. Ooo, new movie! Broken Chairs and Bloody Daggers! :D But back to subject. As you can tell be now, the majority of the ppl on Enworld will be up for this idea and probly frequent the new tavern. I know i will!!! But anyways, you have my vote and support for the idea

Remove ads