Silver Bullets Chapter 2:Primo Sangue

Imerak

First Post
Cyrus Wolf

Rome, Italy
21:00 local time

Cyrus gets off of the bus at a street he judges is reasonably close to the location. Two weeks of travel by boat, followed by several hours by bus, have finally taken him to Rome. He finds himself somewhat weary but excited about his new job as a mercenary.

He finds the location after some looking around, and confirms that it is in fact a nightclub. The place is fairly crowded, with the dance floor full of activity and the bar definately not barren either. However, Cyrus doesn't spot the shady figure who contacted him earlier or any one else he knows.

"Hello, what may I do for you," a waitress comes up to him after a minute.

Everyone Else

Roger, Monique, James, Jean-Jacques and Andrew sit around the table in a large room. The architecture suggests it used to be used as a cafeteria. The five haven't met besides maybe a couple encounters before, but now they are being formally introduced to each other as members of the same cell, and to each other in general.

Curiously, there used to be a sixth member liseted as one of your cell, but he seems to have been removed from the list and you can't find any evidence of what's happened to him since.

A folder containing the missions which are open for any of the group's members sits on the table, it's only furnishing. Nearby, other cells are meeting as well. A silence hovers over the table as they wait for someone to speak...

Jarval

Explorer
"Right, well, I guess we'd better have nosey through these jobs, right?" Andrew breaks the silence, reaching across the table and opening the file.

"And we're really going to have to get to know each other better. These silences are gettin' longer every time we meet." The Londoner grins, and starts to leaf through the contents of the folder.

reveal

Adventurer
"I would assume that the rest of you have some sort of 'speciality' as I do," James grins as he looks around him. "I seem to be here because of my speciality in Archaeology. What about the rest of you?"

Jarval

Explorer
"Computers, fixing things, blowing things up... bit of this, but of that..." Andrew grins again. "Archaeology sounds like it takes some brains though. Always good to have on your side."

Imerak

First Post
Jarval said:
The Londoner grins, and starts to leaf through the contents of the folder.

Inside the folder there are five cardboard cards. On each one is a description of a given mission, with "More information available after application" printed at the bottom. They read as such:

Card #1 said:
Security Duty
Pay:0.2 percent of concert earnings
Availability:3-5 armed mercenaries
Details:Symphonia Hall is asking for high-efficiency gaurds for the upcoming concert of Julio Nazarate. They believe that the building may come under attack due to Nazarate's popularity, and his politically charged music. Applicants should be ready to forcefully expel intruders and other troublemakers.

Card #2 said:
Military Testing
Madrid, Spain (Military Science Institute)
Pay:$3500
Availability:1 mercenary, preferably combat-trained
Details:The government of Spain is testing new technology for modern warfare. An applicant would be tested in realistic and possibly dangerous combat situations.

Card #3 said:
Profit Hacking
Pay:$9000
Availability:Any number of applicants, but the money would be split.
Details:Breach the computer system of Talon Financial (based in London.) Use the computer system to inflate profits in company reports. Do not leave any signs of entry, of course. Illegal.

Card #4 said:
Assassination
Pay:$12000
Availability:1 mercenary
Details:Kill Joesh Nyrhaman before July 12th. Illegal.

Card #5 said:
Gang Warfare
Pay:$10000
Availability:Any number of applicants, but the money would be split
Details:The Blackblood and Rain gangs of Cario have always been at odds with each other. Lately, they have resorted to geurilla warfare after the assassination of Rain leader Kaymeh Sanden. The goal of the mission is to resolve the conflict, peacefully or not.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Monique crosses her beatiful legs, and studies the four men sitting with her, ignoring the folder with their missions.

"I am afraid I have no specialty, James, but I can make everyone's else job easier. Or our target's more difficult, if you prefer. Andrew is right, it's good to have you on our side. Intelligence is so sexy in a man. What you can do is interesting, but even more interesting would be to know why you do it. For example, what brought our dark and silent Roger here in Rome?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Roger ex-navy seal

"Well, like all of us, I assume there are many reasons. The primary one in my case is dissatisfaction with my last employer. The US military. It appears my mother wasn't important in the grand scheme of things." He says with marked disgust.

DrZombie

First Post
Jean-Jacques

"I am but a simple mechanic. I have nothing whatsoever to do with boosting up and armoring cars. Nor did I do any gettaway driving after any bankrobbery, no matter what les couchons say. Besides, nobody could recognise me." He chuckles. "I never even held a gun in my life. I don't know what I'm doing here with all you criminal types." He stubs out his cigarette and holds out his hand to whomever is sitting closest. "Jean-Jacques. Pleased to meet you."

reveal

Adventurer
James Bronin

James stand and takes Jean-Jacques' hand and shakes it firmly. "Glad to meet you Jean-Jacque." James sits down.

"The same goes for all of you. It would seem that we are getting into something that none of us, except for perhaps you Roger, are extremely adept in. Mercenary work seems a little sticky for my tastes, but the money was too good to pass up." James smiles wryly and winks at Monique.

"Now, Andrew, would you mind passing those cardboard pieces to us?"

"Hmmm...." Andrew scratches his chin as he peruses the missions. "A lot of violent work here. I think the Blackblood/Rain gang conflict is more my cup of tea. Plus, I love Cairo."

"What about the rest of you? Monique, have you ever been to Cairo? The atmosphere is wonderful and there are a lot of places for a beautiful woman such as yourself to shop for the, ah, finer things in life."

Lichtenhart

First Post
Monique shakes Jean-Jacques, and while releasing it, she caresses his palm.
"Ahh, the hands of a mechanic. They know how to make things work. Enchantée, mon ami. You're too quick to judge, though. Where I come from, gambling is no crime. James is a researcher. Roger was a soldier. Andrew... Andrew, what about you? Is our Brit a criminal yet?"

"I have been in Cairo, but sadly, I haven't seen much of it's beauty. My host never wanted me to leave his chambers. It's been quite some time since my last belly dancing show."

Last edited:

Remove ads