• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silverthorne Games Update 2007

Frilf

Explorer
Pinotage said:
This looks like a great 2007 to me!

Pinotage

I'm happier with the 2007 line-up of products than with any year's line-up to-date. We couldn't be more jazzed and I hope gamers will find them as interesting, fun, and useful as we do!

:)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
What kind of CRs will you have in Fort Karaktil and Twisted Menagerie? What rules-to-text proportion are you looking at for Altered Realities -- mostly crunch, mostly flavor, or midway between?

Frilf said:
I'm in graduate school

Cool, what are you taking? I might be going back to school for a Masters (probably Math or Comp.Sci), I'm not sure.

Frilf

Explorer
The CRs in Fort Karaktil will be higher than average, with some scaling up into epic-level territory. I should have more details on this as we approach going to press with the product. I just know that it will take higher-level characters to survive it :)

As far as Altered Realities goes, there is a good balance of flavor and crunch, I think, leaning more heavily on flavor. I'll let Eytan put his two cents worth in here if he likes.

I'm going to grad school for a Master of Science in Management degree. I'm about 1/3 of the way done right now and should graduate in Spring '08.

Altered Realities has crunch, though not in the way I think a lot of people are expecting. There are no new monster, spells, feats, items, PrCs, classes, or similar things. Rather, there are lots of NPCs, a number of maps, and numerous incorporated templates and creatures. The format of the book is as follows:

Three separate societies -an insular lizardfolk community in the jungle, an artist's colony at a planar junction, and a human mining town - are forever changed when one or more members of the culture are affected by one or more templates. The templates are drawn from existing Silverthorne products as well as the 3.5 Player's Handbook. I believe I incorporated somewhere around 10 templates in total throughout the book. Each chapter in the book explores how templates affect all aspects of the area. Each chapter provides a detailed description of the locale and an adventure/set of plot possibilites that draw characters into the the rather horrifying effects templates can have on cultures, ecosystems, and even transdimensional kingdoms. I believe that the chapters include a level 4, level 7, and level 11 adventure/scenario, so they should be of use to most D&D games.

Treebore

First Post
Eytan Bernstein said:
Altered Realities has crunch, though not in the way I think a lot of people are expecting. There are no new monster, spells, feats, items, PrCs, classes, or similar things. Rather, there are lots of NPCs, a number of maps, and numerous incorporated templates and creatures. The format of the book is as follows:

Three separate societies -an insular lizardfolk community in the jungle, an artist's colony at a planar junction, and a human mining town - are forever changed when one or more members of the culture are affected by one or more templates. The templates are drawn from existing Silverthorne products as well as the 3.5 Player's Handbook. I believe I incorporated somewhere around 10 templates in total throughout the book. Each chapter in the book explores how templates affect all aspects of the area. Each chapter provides a detailed description of the locale and an adventure/set of plot possibilites that draw characters into the the rather horrifying effects templates can have on cultures, ecosystems, and even transdimensional kingdoms. I believe that the chapters include a level 4, level 7, and level 11 adventure/scenario, so they should be of use to most D&D games.

Now that sounds real neat. I will hopefully catch its release announcement.

Remove ads