• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Simulacrum PC

apostate

First Post
Greetings All.

Hopefully I'm putting this in the correct place.

At some point in the hopefully near future I will be playing in an Ebberon campaing. I like playing odd and unusual characters. It's my thing....my deal...my schtick even. In this one I will be playing a simulacrum. One that can gain xp and levels and all that good stuff. I think perhaps some backstory will make things a little more clear.

My character's original self was the bodyguard/lover of an Aundarian wizard. She was killed in a battle and he was of course unhappy. He could not ressurect her and so turned to the spell Simulacrum to have her back. He was casting it off a scroll and perhaps the moons or planes were aligned just right. Something unusual happened and she came back as her pre wizard corrupted self, freaked out and ran away as fast as she could.

Now we're just trying to work out the mechnics of such a character. We've decided on this so far:

1. She can't be raised or rezzed. One she's gone she is gone.
2. She doesn't age physicaly. She will always look the same. Though once she reaches the end of the average lifespan then she dies. Or melts or cracks or whatever simulacrum do when they shuffled off this mortal coil.

Are there any bonuses or penalties that I'm perhaps missing that would be reasonable for such a character?

Thanks in Advance.

CK

Chaos_Kitten

First Post
Mea Culpa

That was my post up above. My fiancee and I share a computer and I wasn't paying attention. So I accidentally posted it under his name. Sorry about that folks.

Nail

First Post
You might want to make such a PC a construct. (This is House Rules material....try that Forum, if you're interested in this angle.) So presumably some (or most, or all) of the abilities of a construct (check out MM appendix) would apply. Be careful...there may have to be an LA modifier. Perhaps you could use the warforged race as a blanacing point for ideas.

UltimaGabe

First Post
For simplicity's sake, I'd just use the stats of a human (or elf, or gnome, or whatever), but just describe things differently. She doesn't bleed, she melts slightly. She doesn't sleep, she rests her form. She can't be "raised", but she can be "re-simulated" by having a Cleric use a 5th-level spell that costs the same as Raise Dead but works specifically on Simulacrums. It's... uh... a Cannith spell. Yeah, that works.

Of course, that's how I do a lot of things. It tends to just simplify the game mechanics when you've already got the important part (that is, the character) worked out.

Blacksmithking

First Post
apostate said:
My character's original self was the bodyguard/lover of an Aundarian wizard. She was killed in a battle and he was of course unhappy. He could not ressurect her and so turned to the spell Simulacrum to have her back.

So this wizard found a scroll of simulacrum worth 7,275 gp instead of a limted wish scroll for 3,775?

I think you'd have more fun with a wizard that researched a modified clone spell. You could have multiple copies of the clone (some evil, insane, and/or deformed) running around causing mischief and sitcom-like misunderstandings for the PC.

Chaos_Kitten

First Post
Blacksmithking said:
So this wizard found a scroll of simulacrum worth 7,275 gp instead of a limted wish scroll for 3,775?

I think you'd have more fun with a wizard that researched a modified clone spell. You could have multiple copies of the clone (some evil, insane, and/or deformed) running around causing mischief and sitcom-like misunderstandings for the PC.

Hmm. Well perhaps I need to hire some people to crunch numbers for me in the future. I just thought she would be an amusing character to play. I'll take your suggestion into consideration.

DonTadow

First Post
Just a suggestion. You could possibly try using the Elan as a base race for this Simulcran. The Elan is in the expanded psionic warriors book. I used this for my artificial human from the game I run. The psionic point cost can be substituted with ability drain, feat usage or spell usage.

This is the OGL I pulled from www.srd20.com

Elans

Also see the Elan monster listing.

* -2 Charisma
* Aberration: Elans are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
* Medium: As Medium creatures, elans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Elan base land speed is 30 feet.
* Elans (unlike most aberrations) do not have darkvision.
* Naturally Psionic: Elans gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
* Resistance (Su): Elans can use psionic energy to increase their resistance to various forms of attack. As an immediate action, an elan can spend 1 power point to gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws until the beginning of her next action.
* Resilience (Su): When an elan takes damage, she can spend power points to reduce its severity. As an immediate action, she can reduce the damage she is about to take by 2 hit points for every 1 power point she spends.
* Repletion (Su): An elan can sustain her body without need of food or water. If she spends 1 power point, an elan does not need to eat or drink for 24 hours.
* Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). Elans’ past lives expose them to wide ranges of language.
* Favored Class: Psion.
* Level Adjustment: +0.

Remove ads