Sinister Spire (Group 2)(Orsal Judging)

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin, not knowing what an "Elan" is supposed to be (other than perhaps enthusiastic), just shrugs at Michael's description as trouble magnets. He is a bit more concerned about the Phoenix part, but not to the point of protesting.

By the ruins, following whatever route Michael decides on, he shows some natural grace in stealth, but is clearly no expert in sneaking around. Imagining a Sairundani song, he'd miss a roar right next to him, however.

(Checks for Hide; Move Silently; Listen; Spot (1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=21, 1d20-1=1, 1d20-1=16))

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: oh, but this cant be good.pendrake wasnt built for stealth.

spot:
1d20=5
listen:
1d20=3
hide:
1d20-1=18

apperently the grime on his shield and armor seems to help hid him as he sneaks unsuccssefully about the ruins.

OOC: I vote we take a full walk about the ruins

ajanders

Explorer
Michael is leading anyone who wishes to follow around the ruined castle first.
Judging from the sound of things, that'll be at least him, Semabin, and Pendrake.
How close to the ruins he gets is going to depend on the terrain, but he'll try to avoid doing something like walking right under the murder holes if possible.

He checks for the tracks of heavy armored feet, bipedal cats, or anything else that looks interesting.
1d20+8=15
(Survival check for tracking)

And he tries to keep his ears attentive
1d20+4=24

I could track better if these worms would stop crawling so loudly...it's spoiling my concentration...

BigB

First Post
There is plenty of rubble around the ruins and on the north side the opening ends at a cliff and on the south side a steep mountain sprouts with the trail you came down on the southwest corner. You can proceed north or east to circle the ruins. The east side of the ruins has about a 100' clearing from the ruin wall to the cliff. The southernmost edge of a ruined tower that is now a pile of rubble leaves the party about a 15' claring at the mountainside to move through, unless you climb the rubble.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I don't like zis," whispers the northerner, "I feel like ambush that we walk into here, or any vere for zaht matter."

Pendrake is visibly nerbvous and is looking about alot.

OOC:
ahh yes....adjusted the post The funny part is by his listen check he probably thinks he is moving silently.
yes, I kbow he never took anything to be stealthy, and has paid for it a time or two fighting blacklilly thieves.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"I don't like zis," whispers the northerner, "I feel like ambush that we walk into here, or any vere for zaht matter."

Pendrake is visibly nerbvous and is looking about alot.

Eanos nods his own agreement. He points toward the wider clearing on the east side by way of making his vote for a direction known. Knowing he's far faster than he is stealthy, he hangs back a bit as the others proceed, trying not to give away the quiter scout's position, but staying close enough so that he can reach his colleagues quickly.

[sblock=OOC]Eanos isn't built for stealth, either:

Hide; Move Silent (1d20+2=7, 1d20+2=15)[/sblock]

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
Michael nods patiently.
"That's why we're going around the castle first: to see if we can spot anybody. Semabin, would you kindly watch the battlements and shoot any halflings that pop up?"
A pause.
"Or, you know, other dangerous things."

He nods at Eanos' signal.
"Yes, let's delay getting too close if we can."
He moves off east, staying about 50 feet from the castle ruins.
(Does Michael need to make another track check?)

BigB

First Post
You move north off the trail toward the open eastern side of the ruins to find a band of 6 kobolds apparently a patrol of some kind. Apparently you have seen each other at the same time. The kobolds begin grabbing for weapons.

initiative :rant:

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Remove ads