Sins of Our Fathers - 2/10 - Final Update

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Dougal DeKree said:
...so i simply stole Ippizicius without asking or describing the TMDestan on his left hoof.

There are no royalty fees so long as he killed or seriously wounded a PC or two. I miss ol' Ippi - might have to bring him back for a showdown on his native plane. Hmm...

Horacio said:
I've been reading them, even if I haven't written a single "bump" in 8 months...

I fell off my chair when Darklone first posted on this thread a couple days ago. And now Horacio shows up from the nether! The world must be ending! Welcome back, H.

Speaking of the world ending - it feels like it has. I'm finally finished with the first, final draft of the supplement. What does this mean for you? Well, it means I should have time in the near future to kick this story into gear again. No promises, but I will try.

In the interim, I may try to throw up a couple snippets from the supplement that may give you cats a better appreciation for the world as a whole, if you're interested in that sort of extraneous stuff.

Okily dokily, neighborinos, enjoy Super Sunday.

D

Lela

First Post
We're definitally interested. Well, at least I am.

And, though it's a little late, be sure to let me know if you need/want any help. I think I forgot to mention that when this started. . .

LightPhoenix

First Post
See, the good thing about not having a job is you get to catch up on the good story hours that you should have started reading long ago but for one reason or another didn't. Of course, I don't have any money, but that's not really important. Well, now it is, seeing as how I've read through this all. :)

My only suggestion is to ask Piratecat if you can go through your thread and delete some of the bumps, praise, and what have you.

Darklone

Destan said:
There are no royalty fees so long as he killed or seriously wounded a PC or two. I miss ol' Ippi - might have to bring him back for a showdown on his native plane. Hmm...
Nope, have to disappoint you. I wasn't there, but I know our Giant Warmains damage output (AU) with two weapons... and we were cautious enough to take a nice NPC with us who took most of the hits...
I fell off my chair when Darklone first posted on this thread a couple days ago. And now Horacio shows up from the nether! The world must be ending! Welcome back, H.
Stop making us proud for annoying other people with our babbling and go for an update :D

Or finish that d20 supplement, I wanna buy it ;)

PS: Horacio, same as Lela.

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
This isn't an update, obviously, but it is something. :)

Most of the action thus far takes place in a relatively confined area in the central Valus.

Legend:

[1] - The group traveled eastward along the Battlemarch to summon Ippizicus in a ruined temple on the banks of the Bluehorn (not shown). The returned via the Coastal Road (just south) whereupon they met Laughing Luke and his merchant & mercenary band.

[2] - This is the mountain known as Borbidon's Rest, one of the larger peaks in the Balantir Cor mountain range. It looks over the Godspring, a depthless tarn. The party climbed its heights while following a wyvern that had plucked Bishop Herryn from his horse. Here was where the party first encountered Baphtemet in the old dwem tomb, and here was where they slew the demon-diplomact the second time around.

[3] - Hopefully some of you remember ol' Dog Bigby. The party was set upon by wolven while he lead them across the Dusk Ford. Shortly thereafter, Bigby departed after dropping the party at the Duskingdell barrow mounds.

[4] - A lot happened at this location, most of it "off stage" from the story hour. The party plundered Belaraphon the Sorrow Elf's tomb, released Ral the Torturer from his imprisonment, and killed the blue-skinned demon. Then they left, were assault by Cyrics, resuced by Anar von Girval, and - finally - Vath and Amelyssan set off alone to the west.

[5] - Baden split off alone toward Axemarch shortly before Kellus, John, and Raylin entered the hamlet of Heath. Now the remaining trio makes southwest toward the road, then west toward Val Hor.

That's where we stand now.

Gotta run - hope this helps!

D

Attachments

• sh_travel_plot.jpg
    sh_travel_plot.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:

handforged

First Post
whoa

thank you for that. are we to presume that this is part of a map from your book? if so it looks great. if not it still looks great.

~hf

dpdx

Explorer
From the map, it almost looks like (provided they survive), that Vath and Amelyssan could intercept and rejoin the main party... ;)

WizarDru

Adventurer
Destan, do we have a general idea of a release date for the book?

That map is very nice. I can't wait to see the rest of it.

Oh, and will you be taking part in the Story Hour Author chat?

Remove ads