Sins of Our Fathers II - New Art Uploaded - 1/25

DrZombie

First Post
This is what I love about this story, the gray morality, the difficult choices, choosing the lesser evil, but feeling damned anyway.

How difficult was the choice for Baden? In my next campaign, I have a player who should know better who's playing a palladin, and he knows that he'll get into trouble like this. He plays it anyway, I guess we're all a bit masochistic.

Anyway, great update, worth the wait.

Destan, I'm planning on gaming the stuff you sent afterall today or tomorrow but since I'm 100 miles from home and appaerently without the stats in my inbox (w t ... ?) it's kinda an obstacle to me. So if you read this, if you would be so kind to re-email me the stats for carrac addren encounter creatures.

Thanks ;) Now to read that update..

Baron Opal

First Post
Sheesh, if all the elves want is a couple of stiffs, wait for the wounded to expire in the night. Never is that simple, though.

Baron Opal

frostrune

First Post
Did Baden spend points on Diplomacy? I'm figuring he's gone from a -3 to a -1, there.

Hilarious!

And YES Baden did start diverting some of his 'oh so precious' skill points into diplomacy at around this level.

But... don't give Destan the satisfaction of thinking he wrote it that way on purpose. He's good, but he's not THAT good. :p

Thanks for reading.

Frostrune (aka Baden Dost)

Tellerve

Great stuff Destan, not sure what you meant about it not being a "good" update. Seemed great to me, and I think everyone else reading.

I'm contemplating using Grim Tales and setting it in your world. How do you think that would pan out? I'm thinking although you are low magic, you might not be quite that low of magic.

anyways, looking forward to more.

Tellerve

sword-dancer

Explorer
Destan said:
Hiya JD - the complete title is Valus: A Fantasy Role-Playing World Sourcebook. I think we wanted to make the title a sentence in an effort to distinguish it from Ebberon. :) And Different Worlds is indeed the publisher, but they're not "open for business" yet. I think the book is actually due back from the printers today or tomorrow.
Take care!
D
When could i expect to see this book in my FNLGS?

I got a larger update in the works; not sure if it's "good",
I think your standard of good differ from the ususal standard.

Why didn`t Baden asked, for what reason the fighting between the apian and Moonies had started?

WizarDru

Adventurer
Tellerve said:
I'm contemplating using Grim Tales and setting it in your world. How do you think that would pan out? I'm thinking although you are low magic, you might not be quite that low of magic.
Just make sure you pick up the Valus setting and the Ippizicus module, first. If you like the setting now, you'll love it when you see more of it, I'll bet.

Lela

First Post
sword-dancer said:
I think your standard of good differ from the ususal standard.
Isn't that so often the way with the greats? They've gotten to a point where they see even the most excellent piece of work as riddled with errors.

One thing about that though. If someone that skilled recomends a work of fiction, it's probably amazing.

Speaking of which. Destan, what do you read for fun?

frostrune

First Post
Why didn`t Baden asked, for what reason the fighting between the apian and Moonies had started?

Baden was actually told the reason it just didn't make it into the story hour. The Apians were part of a recon unit that 'trespassed' on the Moonies land. The elves tried to round them up like the did the Callahan clansmen and my dwarves, only they didn't comply. A fight ensued and thus here we are.

I don't know if Destan has really gotten into some of the deep background of the story but rumor has it that the Apian Empire is planning a naval assault on the Luc Valusian fortress of Mon Mith. Geographically we're a long way from there but the Apian's are invaders and I'm sure their mission was supposed to be secret. Getting caught or detained was not an option for them. They had to fight.

Thanks for asking.

Frostrune

Remove ads