• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sitcoms

Amellia

First Post
Actually I love both Dead Like Me and IT Crowd... both extremely funny shows, I agree. I'm liking the list we've got here... lots of good shows on it, a couple that I've been meaning to try and haven't.

The new one I mentioned is tonight -- I'll check it out. I'll also have to check for some of the ones you guys have suggested... Coupling is one I've been wanting to see for a while, I'll Netflix it.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The Office, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, Scrubs, and Everybody Hates Chris are all pretty good sitcoms.

Amellia

First Post
The Office, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, Scrubs, and Everybody Hates Chris are all pretty good sitcoms.

Hmm... I don't really think of 30 Rock or Scrubs as sitcoms for some reason. Maybe it's the lack of laugh track? Those are both awesome shows though.

It's like Monday night is TV night now. I'd never be able to keep up without TiVo, thank goodness for it. I mean I have to get Chuck, Big Bang, How I Met Your Mother, and now Roommates (which was pretty funny, I thought!). I'm a fan of the woman playing Hope.

Pants

First Post
Not sure if these qualify as 'sitcoms,' then again I'm not that big a fan of 'laugh track' shows anymore.

If you haven't seen it, check out Arrested Development.

It's been canceled for a few years now, but it's probably the funniest 3 seasons of TV I've ever seen. Absolutely awesome show.

Weeds, on Showtime, is another very enjoyable show.

The Office is good, but it's better when it strikes a good balance between awkward/uncomfortable and funny.

IT Crowd is pretty funny.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is amusing.

Amellia

First Post
Love Arrested Development. It is my staple show to watch when nothing else is on, I think it's hysterically funny.

I just found out Felicia Day will guest star on Roommates for a few episodes. I don't care whether a show is good or bad (though I still think Roommates was good) I would pay serious money to watch her. I loved her on Dr. Horrible.

Grymar

Explorer
Better off Ted has had two strong episodes. It's the only sitcom I watch now, although I'll catch old episodes of Big Bang Theory from time to time.

DonTadow

First Post
I find that this half has some really funny comedy gems. Most of the Thursday lineup of NBC keeps me laughing. My favorite being 30 rock, which is just really good , funny smart comedy . 30 Rock is very episodic and easy to get into . The Office I find funny though i do tend to tire of the antics of michael. I'd love to see more Creed. My Name is Earl has its moments. I've yet to get into the cable comedies, except it's always funny in philadeplha, which is hands down the funniest show on television.

I'm noticing my favorite shows are shows that just concentrate on funny and don't have much of an episode to episode plot, yet still have characters that have some growth.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Dead like Me", is a showtime series from a couple of years ago. It's about grim reapers who are charged with taking the souls of those who are about to die. There was a recent movie. First couple of episodes kind of suck as the main character does a LOT of whining, but improves dramatically after that. The two seasons are out on DVD and there was a movie that was released a few weeks ago.
That's a great show. I also highly recommend it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads