Six From Gate Pass - A War of the Burning Sky Campaign (3.5)

digimattic

First Post
Arnir lets everyone know what each of the items are, and tosses the broken bear skull to the ground with a sad shake of his head.

"I'm going to take a potion of Cure Light Wounds, if you don't mind, however the rest of it is not of the utmost use to me. I could take the wand, as I'm likely the most capable of using it, and wouldn't mind the broach, but perhaps Bannock or Alric could make better use of it, given that they seem to be the target of a fair amount of aggression these days...

Bannock, Alric do either of you have room for some arrows, and perhaps this shroud from the bounty hunter camp? The shroud isn't terribly useful to any of us, but someone on our travels may be willing to part with a rather large bit of coin to obtain it. And of course, let's not forget the money!
"

Arnir looks out over the bridge, and his hair is slightly tousled by the dry, hot wind. He has left his shirt unbuttoned, and rolled his his pants up to his knee in preparation for what will surely be an uncomfortable couple of days. Since seeing the Fire Forest, he has regarded it objectively and without passion but now as he is on the verge of entering, he cannot help but feel mildly apprehensive and claustrophobic at the thought of being forced to walk a narrow road, surrounded by flame.

Arnir shakes himself out of his state of contemplation and drinks deeply from the flask Torrent provided, grimacing at the flavour. "Mother Mystra, I should have cast Prestidigitation on this bilge water....". Tossing the spent flask aside, he strips a small bit of bark from a sapling and uses it to tie back his hair before walking over the bridge and turning back to see if his companions follow.

digimattic

First Post
Arnir looks a little surprised at Lars' request, given his reaction to the scroll previously, but his look of surprise gives way to a broad, genuine smile. Arnir is fond of magic and himself in equal measures, and the though of "instructing" another even in this trivial task noticeably brightens his face.

"Certainly Lars! You see, there's really nothing to it- think of this wand as an extension of yourself. Just as you call into this world one of the spells you know innately, you can use this want to perform a spell you wouldn't know otherwise. This wand will hold a portal - that is, a door, gate, hatch, window, and so forth, and keep it closed. All you need do is focus your mind on the portal in question, and on your desire to close it, and the wand will make it manifest. Keep the wand, we will practice with it at a suitable time so we don't waste charges now."

Arnir looks around and sees no one has grabbed any of the loot, and he is not one to leave riches on the table, so he throws the necklace around his neck, ties the Dream Shroud around his waist, tosses the rubies in his pack, adds 181GP to his pouch making note of amount, pins the golden broach to his unbuttoned shirt and gathers up the two remaining cure light wounds potions, the cure moderate wounds potion and the enlarge person potion.

"By Mystra's golden gaze, I feel like a pack animal. Please, you lot...come and take some of this... and those arrows! Bring that helmet if you can, or the Sword and Axe"

fromage67

First Post
"OK, thanks Arnir. I'll try it later when we get a good opportunity."

Lars slides the wand in his pack, and he puts on the heavy pack, looking regretfully at the horses.

Remove ads