• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 2: The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio's eyes bulge "300 POUNDS!?! Dear gods man, who needs pack mules with the likes of you around. Alright, more than one group it is then. Bannock, are you also moonlighting as a pack mule? Perhaps I can lead Alric, Lars and Arnir over first. I'm sure Arnir is carrying about the same or less than I am. Lars, are you under 60 pounds do you think, give or take? Regardless I would not want to leave Alric alone on the other side."

"Wait, I am a fool. I was only considering the weight of our gear and not ourselves. I may have to lead us over one at a time after all. With my gear I will be at about 170 pounds, so just the two of us it is first . We need to know how much the rest of you think you weigh, hopefully we do not have to leave Alric alone long."

Last edited:

Adjuntive

First Post
Alric smiles wryly at Kirio. "It's the wine," he says patting his mailed belly.

"Do not worry, I am prepared to stand on the other side on mine own if I have to. Lead the way when you are ready."

Alric waits for Kirio and will follow him on the first crossing.

Gregor

First Post
Kirio, you have no trouble leading Alric over the bridge. Although it is nerve wracking when you feel the stone buckle and sway due to your weight, you successfully cross and leave Alric on the other end.

The only point of interest that you notice, is a wagon at the bottom of the gorge. It sits directly below the smashed out section of the bridge, with pieces of broken stone and mortar laying around it. The wagon must be made of some kind of metal, for it has not burned in the fires. A large battered metal chest sits next to the wagon.

GM: Kirio, you have no problem in leading the group across, so we can gloss over that. However, I believe Bannock is close to 400lbs when equipment and personal weight is thrown in. Kirio is 194lbs with equipment, so you'll need to determine how the young human warrior will guide himself across.

Last edited:

funkmamagoat

First Post
OOC: Kirio is ready to lead Alric across, bow ready in case of trouble. Will give others a chance to post to see if they have anything to add, or see if the disagree with the proposed approach

funkmamagoat

First Post
OOC: ok... guess we are just doing it.

As Kirio returns to the party he relays the information on the wagon at the bottom of the gorge "Would be interesting to see if there is anything of interest in that chest. I have no idea how we would go about it, but if others have any suggestions?"

Last edited:

Adjuntive

First Post
As Kirio returns to the party he relays the information on the wagon at the bottom of the gorge "Would be interesting to see if there is anything of interest in that chest. I have no idea how we would go about it, but if others have any suggestions?"

"Indeed. Though I'm at a loss. Even if one of us has rope, and I have none, the chest is likely extremely hot."

Bannock

First Post
Bannock merely gives Kirio a tired look.

"Who do you suppose is carrying most of our things? Arnir yonder can barely bring along the clothes he has on. 500 lbs? My slightly addled friend, with everything I carry, I weigh nearly that much alone!"

He shrugs off his pack. Inside it or tied to it is about 70 lbs of equipment and weapons. His glaive weighs another 10 lbs. He looks Kirio over.

"With only my armor on, I'd say I should weigh just under 300 lbs. You don't look heavy, Kirio, you can't be more than 180 or so. If you can manage to carry my pack and glaive across on your own, then leave everything you have on the other side before coming back for me, I wager we'll be just fine."

Gregor

First Post
GM: I'll assume that you have bested "the trials of the bridge crossing" :) and its a simple matter to move on from here, noting that you all cross safely. I'll make a post in a little while about moving on, unless someone wants to try and get the chest or do anything else here.

fromage67

First Post
Arnir looks down at the chest with a gleam in his eye. "Is there really nothing we have to lift that cache?"

Lars also looks at the chest with more than a little curiosity. He removes his pack and takes out a long coil of rope. To it, he attaches a heavy grapple. He walks to a spot that Kirio indicates is safe and lowers the rope and grapple, but curses when he finds that his rope is too short by about ten feet.
"Any ideas, Arnir? Does any one else have some rope?"

Remove ads