• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

Gregor

First Post
Bannock, you heave the massive monolith onto its side and slowly drag it towards the channel of lava. The work is slow going and exhausting given that you reckon the monolith is close to 900 pounds in weight. Finally, in one final sweaty push, the device falls over the channel and into the lava. Magma kicks up in the large splash and then the monolith slowly descends beneath the surface. There are faint sounds of muffled crackling and popping beneath the lava, but you do not see anything.

Lars, the cells are empty of anything - not even mattresses or piles of rags to sleep on, or pots to piss in. However, on the eastern wall of the laboratory you find a hidden compartment within a very thick book. The pages have been cut out so as to create a recessed place for storing small items. Inside are two blue glass vials filled with a milky white fluid. There is a folded note behind the vials.

In common, the note says: "Use these to avoid detection once mission complete."

Torrent moves to accompany Kirio by the entrance, eager to move on.

funkmamagoat

First Post
...and since when did you start thinking about the impact of things?!"

Kirio smiles at Arnir "I always care about the impact of things friend Arnir, just usually as they relate to me. As I am directly involved in this little saga I would argue that my "caring" is very much in keeping with the Kirio you have come to love and respect".

"
I honestly can't say if destroying it will end the storm...not without the wand....I can tell you it's worth at least 1000gp for each of us though! Seems funny that despite all their power, the entire lyceum could be potentially destroyed by a glass orb
."

Kirio frowns... "well, I certainly don't want to throw money away, but we do have to stop this storm... Let's go find Lee shall we, and ask him to stop... with arrows that is. If we don't know what it will do to throw the orb in the lava I'd rather not; might set in motion things we don't want to happen, like the cyclone going crazy instead of petering out... enough talking, let's go kill him already and be done with this."

Kirio looks at Lars' finds with interest, quickly casting detect magic and trying to figure out what they are... but not wanting to annoy Torrent any further, casts CLW with the wand on him twice and then head towards the entrance...

Last edited:

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr is amazed at the lengths the Ragesians went to destroy Seaquen. He hopes they can find Lee and stop this storm before the city is ripped a part.

"If we're going to be swimming back up I'll need a potion of water breathing. I cannot change shape any more today."

Hrimr starts stroking his beard.

"So we know Lee must be somewhere within 3 miles of us. He does not have the boon so he is likely staying near by in the eye of the storm. I guess we should search the ruins on the surface for another cave or building."

Gregor

First Post
"There are no more potions Hrimr," says Torrent, "but the Inquisitor had a wand of the same spell on his person." She removes the wand of water breathing and speaks the command word, delivering a charge of the spell onto Hrimr.

"Everyone else should be alright as the potions already consumed should remain effective for the rest of the day."

She graps ahold of the rope and begins to climb up towards the portal of water.

"See you up top!" she says as she climbs.

digimattic

First Post
Arnir nods as Kirio looks over the phials "Without examining them, I'd guess it's some form of potion of polymorph. Regardless, they're now unavailable for him...Let's get going, Hrmir is likely correct about him being near by, unless he has a Tide-Reaver's Tear as well."

Arnir takes the boots off the inquisitor and puts them on, though they are too big "These will have to do.."

OOC: That's assuming they're cloth

Gregor

First Post
Torrent climbs up the rope through the water and then swims, with some difficulty due to her arms and armor, back up through the flooded chambers. She reaches the staircase and breaks the surface, waiting for the rest of the party to join her.

The water inside the flooded prison is now choppy, causing the swollen dead bodies in the cells to bob up and down like macabre dinghies in the wake of a ship. Wind howls through the opening to the prison.

When Arnir crests a few moments later, Torrent calls out over the wind: "The eye of the storm must be shrinking or the storm itself intensifying. We must hurry!"

digimattic

First Post
Arnir reaches the surface and shivers, strangely sad to leave the dry warmth of the Tomb below "Less place for Lee to hide then. Tell me, what do you know of his powers? What are we up against, assuming "Lee" is Lee..."

Gregor

First Post
"Like Hrimr, Lee is a practioner of the Druidic arts." she says. "However, where our Dwarven friend focuses on the earth, Lee has dedicated his magic to the study and mastery of water, air and storms. Additionally, he received some exotic martial training in some cloistered abbey sometime in his past. He spoke of it often, though I have never seen him use it." She pauses to catch her breath and wipe wet hair out of her eyes. "He is a powerful spell caster Arnir."

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio surfaces and here's the last of Torrent's explanation "well... that should be fun... not like he has a lot to play with here..."

Kirio begins scanning their surrounding for danger his bow ready, waiting for the others to surface...

Remove ads