• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

Gregor

First Post
"Hey!" calls the clerk while holding his hands up to his eyes, "Why are you doing that? I haven't done anything to you." He pushes his chair back from the desk. "I'm just a clerk and book keep, I'm no wizard. Leave me be. If you don't ... I'll speak a word and I'll set off the alarms. I've told you what I was instructed to tell you: go see Edward, I mean Edmond Merrywinter and leave me alone!"

digimattic

First Post
"Oh will you? You'll set off an alarm? And what will happen? Grand Master Simeon will come down here to find that you're attempting to lure a member of the Elven Royal Family to some dockside shack so he can be kidnapped? ransomed. You tell me what this is all about before I go to him right now and have you thrown out of here for being complicit. I'll make sure even the refuge camps outside the city look like palaces to you, you little rat!" Arnir hisses and his eyes narrow

Gregor

First Post
The clerk's eyes widen. "Royal Fam-... er ... I, I, I don't even know what is going on!" he stammers. "Look, just listen alright? Some fellow came in here about five days ago, half-elven, dressed like a member of the school. He gave me fifty pieces of gold to find out where those adventurers from Gate's Pass were from. They were up with the council during some big meeting, I don't really know. The headmaster loaned them a house somewhere in the city and he wanted to know where it was." He pauses for breath between his stuttering words. "He then told me to note down in the ledger that if anyone named Lord Arnir of House Bowflight arrives, to send them down to some office on Clerk's Row to look for someone named Edmond Merrywinter." He rubs his hands together and backs away further. "Look, that's all I know. How could I have said no? I make two pieces of gold a week for labouring down here in this dungeon. All I did was give him some information. I thought he was a professor or something!"

digimattic

First Post
Arnir sucks at his teeth, as if trying to extract a morsel he failed to swallow. Eyeing the frantic clerk who edging away from him he say "I may yet be inclined not to report you to Master Simeon. Who is this Merrywinter? You have never seen him before?"

Does Calladan think me so stupid as to fall for this ham-fisted attempt at subterfuge? He's more of a fool than his dead, dead brother.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
"I don't know anything more than I've already told you! Please don't report me to the masters ... I could lose my position here at the school. I have a wife ... and a child. How would they survive without the gold I earn?" He blusters. "I have never seen the man before, but nobody other than the head scribes and comptrollers come down to the treasury. All I know is the name he gave me and the office down on Clerk's Row. Honestly. I know nothing else!"

digimattic

First Post
Arnir arches his eyebrows and surveys the man impassively "then you should hope for your wife and child's sake this all ends well. Good day."

He spins on his heels and hurries home, the hood of his cloak up against the rain and wind where he hopes to find some of his companions.

digimattic

First Post
OOC: Arnir would like to secure the egg, then make a bargain with the dragon, then ultimately return with the egg. However, first he wants to deal with his situation.

Last edited:

Adjuntive

First Post
OOC: Alric sees the wisdom of obtaining the egg to gain some advantage or leverage over the dragon and in turn obtaining the lyre, which is his main interest right now. He's all for going after Lowduke asap by any means.

Remove ads