• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr's face pales at the gristly sight. He quickly follows Alric and Kirio in.

"Oh merciful Moradin, let them be alive."

After Kirio casts his healing spells Hrimr begins casting. He channels three spells, one into each of his down party members.

Bannock

First Post
Bannock coughs and hiccups and groans, though his lungs are mercifully free of blood. Compared to the others, his wounds are the least gruesome. Not moving from the floor, he raises a hand to his head and moans some more, then he opens his eyes and sees Kirio and Alric standing above him.

"Kirio? Alric? Ughh. Where did you come from? How... how am I still alive? I thought for sure the next thing I'd see was that devil in hell, come to take his steel back. My ribs. Kord."

Bannock rolls over in a painful attempt to rise, and sees Lars and Arnir in gory heaps on the floor.

"NO! Those sons of cunny-poxed whores!"

He struggles to his knees and makes a vow, for his wounded fighting pride.

"I'LL KILL THEM ALL!"

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr breathes a sigh of relief when he sees his party members stir after being healed.

"So will someone explain to me what this is all about? Kirio gave us the short version, that you willingly walked into a trap."

Last edited:

funkmamagoat

First Post
"I'LL KILL THEM ALL!"

"So will someone explain to me what this is all about? Kirio gave us the short version, that you willingly walked into a trap."

Kirio sighs... "Listen... I'm only barely stopping myself from kicking these three in the balls so they clearly remember this moment. You are alive, you're welcome; I'm dying to hear all about your heroic dying... I'll even make a funny song about it, but can we maybe go back to the house first? You are unarmed, not entirely well... and that newly wealthy guard only promised us 15 minutes, so let's go." Kirio, with a surprising amount of gentleness, helps Arnir get up and indicating Hrimr should do the same for Lars, heads towards the door and, baring any incident, starts heading for home...

Adjuntive

First Post

Alric helps Bannock to his feet unsure of whether the huge warrior is able to bear his own weight with the smashed in armour.

Alric shakes his head, obviously more irritated now that relief is flooding through him. He's irritated enough that doesn't restrain himself in joining in Kirio's tirade a smidge.

"Bah, it matters not why they're here. What matters is they acted like fools, and that despite their foolishness they survived. By Helm's plated cock, did you get drunk before you came here?!?!"

And follows Kirio back to the house holding up Bannock by one shoulder.

Bannock

First Post
As they trudge down the street, Bannock grunts at Kirio and Alric's chiding.

"Ack! If I knew I'd have to listen to you two I'd have told you to leave me on the floor. No one told ME there'd be an ambush. There's two blokes some place in this town who need to die. That's all I know. Arnir can explain the rest."

fromage67

First Post
Lars appears confused and sullen. After a while, he gathers his toughts and says, "Grrr! Lay off! For now, only one thing counts: an elf called Merrywinter and his orc friends must die."

digimattic

First Post
Arnir returns to this world the same way he entered it: screaming in agony as the gaping wound in his chest mends slowly and his life's blood replenishes itself. Coughing up thick globs of blood and bile, he heaves and convulses before gasping with new life.....only to look straight into the eyes of a vitriolic, ranting Kirio. Groaning he gets to his knees and waves a hand tiredly hoping to interrupt the tirade "Please, not now...." and then spitting out a glob of blood "Give the dead some respect..."

Arnir rises on shaky legs and pats himself over, sighing in despair at his tattered clothes and then face growing pale as he realizes his bow is missing "my...my bow....they took my BOW!" His face hardens into a knot of rage "We....I....need to get it back!" Then, rather sheepishly he says "I need your help...."

OOC: Guys, I'm totally snowed under with exams at the moment, and I won't have the time to post any good long replies for a while (which sucks, because this is awesome). For the sake of convenience, at this point Arnir tells you first, his backstory, namely that he has a family rivalry with the elf back in the tower with the princess, and that merrywinter was likely an assassin working for him (unconfirmed). Long story short, Arnir killed that dude's brother back in Shahalesti and was exiled as a result. I'll fill you in more later if you want. SECOND and crucial, Arnir explains the significance of his bow: namely, it's nearly impossible for him to cast spells without it. He can replace it, but not for a week, and not without some gold. naturally, he wants it back.

Gregor

First Post
GM: Hey everyone. I would encourage everyone to press on and keep the game moving despite Arnir's current real life pressures. He has given everyone enough information to know the scoop and to take some action. I would imagine that his priority would be to recover his bow, and I am sure that Bannock is none to happy about losing his magical glaive that he took from the devil back in the Innenotdar Fire Forest. So again, feel free to move things along.

Also, you have the other quest on the go: Nathan Lowduke and his stolen Dragon's Egg / securing the Lyre of Building from the Green Dragon at the Crystal Delve.

For your own time management, you have a couple of weeks before you're expected at the performance aboard the Wayfarer's ship in the harbour.

Adjuntive

First Post
Alric sighs, his anger somewhat deflated. If he were in Arnir's situation, he would likely give in to pride as Arnir did, and try to handle the situation quietly on his own, rather than humbling himself by asking for help from allies such as they. They are all allies, of a sort, and in an uncharacteristic bout of empathy, he remains quiet to Arnir's explanation and simply nods.

"Very well, seems like the first order of business is to get your weapons back. We must needs track down this Kubla and Merrywinter, teach a lesson that involves the consequences of :):):):)ing with the Gate's Pass six, then decide if we wish to deal with this elf bastard after Arnir or Lowduke next. Though, shall Kirio, Hrimr and myself look for Merrywinter ourselves? or shall we wait for you sorry lot to recover and find some serviceable arms before we track down Merrywinter? I'd rather deal with Merrywinter forthwith. This :):):):):):):) has put me in the mood for some wetwork. What say you?"

Remove ads