• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus Group A)

farmboymdp

First Post
Morty regains his senses and is shocked by the battle scene, and now trying to work a way out of this situation. "Did you not just hear them say 'take no prisoners'? We should be going!" he exclaims to his friends.

He readies an action to cast fog cloud if his companions come to their senses and move towards the exit.

Dekana

Explorer
"Going where?!" Kaeso snapped back. "If we leave now, the entire city will be looking for us and our heads. We have to clear up what happened, and who would you rather explain this to; the city watch or a lynch mob?"

farmboymdp

First Post
"Given the situation, do you think they're inclined to just accept surrender?" he asks Kaeso.

In case we should be rolling Initiative, Morty's result is 22.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Perhaps we should of discussed this in the OOC thread before we had one of us try to escape. You guys are arguing and we're running around lol. [/sblock]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Luna

"Now listen to me," Luna exclaims, "Running away is what you do when there is no other option. We have but one. Now, as I said, I have a friend. Please, stand down."

Scotley

Hero
Percival

The Duskblade seems stunned by the events that have taken place.

[sblock=DT]I'm going to be traveling today and unable to get back online until late this evening. Right now Percival is horrified and stunned. He will allow himself to be taken without a fight, but if they try to cut him down he might well snap out of it and unleash his Doom Scarabs spell on the guards.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The next few seconds erupt into chaos. Luna moves to surrender herself to the armed guards, which confuses them just enough for Kareus to make a break for it. The shocked patrolmen make quick jabs at the fleeing rogue, but he nimble evades them as Tagret trips a guard that took aim at the wizard of the party. Believing themselves to be under attack, the patrolmen retaliate but their meager skills are no match for the four remaining adventurers. "Forget that man, since they'll be way gone already. Watch out for these men to your front!"

Kareus makes it to the bottom of the stairs and out the front door, and promptly disappears into the shadows. The other five shock the guards even more than the fleeing rogue by surrendering themselves and their weapons. "Wow, these people are surely crazed."In a few more minutes it is over, with Kaeso, Tagret, Percival, Morty, and Luna all manacled.

"Wow, how much do you think this stuff would sell for, Captain Schenk?" One of the men asks while holding up Percival's thinblade.

"Now, now men. Put their equipment inside these evidence bags, and make sure you strip them of anything that looks dangerous,"the Watch captain says with a glint of greed in his own eyes. The surrendering party mambers are stripped of most of their belongings and walked over to the main entrace of the now-scarred building.

"What are we to do we do with these people, sir?"

"Well, let's guide them to Ptolus Prison and be done with them for now. We can get the glory, while the warden can handle all the paperwork." The five party members are herded towards the southeast and the Guildsman District where the city prison can be found. All are oblivious to the figure who stares at his captured teammates while hiding in the shadows created by the roof of a nearby building. Kareus curses under his breathe as he watches his companions march helplessly in front of the guards, their belongings hanging from several large sacks that some of the other guards have slung over their shoulders.

From what you see, it looks as if you are in the Oldtown District.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
As the disgraced adventurers are being forced to march, Kaeso asks Luna in a low voice, "So who's this friend of yours that can help us?".
"Let's hope it's Commissar of the city, considering the situation we're in". he thinks sarcastically.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Tagret uses the "down time" to sort through his memories. He just couldn't remember events at all.

[sblock=ooc]
Um.....did they take anything off my monk? Maybe the dagger? lol. This is when I love being a monk.[/sblock]

Last edited:

farmboymdp

First Post
Morty chuckles at Kaeso's question. "It better be good, or we're dead in the water. Blast, that spellbook is my life's work!" he whispers in frustration. Morty tries to maneuver himself closer to one of the guards, hoping to get a word or two in.

When the nearest guard's attention is free, he says in a hushed whisper, "Hey man, you eyeing our gear?" Without missing a beat, he continues. "You can get rich off this stuff, you know."

Basically initiating a Bluff check, trying to persuade the guard to allow him his "family heirloom" (spell)book once they get to the prison, so he can "keep a safe watch on it."

Bluff check: 25

I left in the bonus from Morty's spectacles, since those might not have been identified as magical. If they are gone, then subtract 3.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads