• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus Group A)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The group doesn't hear anything, but Luna does see something that sparks her interest. Against the wall a poorly etched skull has been drawn in black chalk. It looks like a cross between that of a rat and that of a human. This isn't too surprising, as it has been known that the human-like ratmen make their home in the Ptolus sewers and their idea of art has always been somewhat crude and morbid.

Dekana

Explorer
Kaeso leads the way, walking just in front of Morty's conjured light. "Unless anyone else has a better idea, I suggest we generally head north. Our new friend here can always take a look out of a manhole if we get lost... that is unless you have a bounty on your head too? I still haven't caught your name." With that, Kaeso will start walking to the T-intersection north, and then take the west path (unless there are any objections)

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aw yes, sorry for my rudeness. You may call me Davian, a companion of Tagrets from the days of old. News of his death is what called me to seek you out. And no, I do not have a bounty, yet. I fully expect one soon though.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The 25th of Yearsend Month, 9:52 AM

The trip seems to take forever as the group continues through winding paths in a nearly futile attempt not to get lost. Still, they are able to move about unimpeded except for a moment where they hear loud scrambling, as if a multitude of large rats were moving quickly on the other side of the tunnel wall. Morty thought for a moment about casting a spell when this was heard, but no one liked the image of crocodiles in the sewers. Finally, after some trial and error involving climbing upwards and through manholes, the party arrives unseen in the eastern outskirts of the Rivergate District in a side street occupied by a muttering drunk and two snoring homeless men.

Morty's friend lives in a small apartment above a seamstress' store on the sometimes busy Gallat Street just two minutes away.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The short journey to the seamstress' shop is uneventful as the party isn't looked at twice by the various passerbys. The front of the shop is unassuming except for a faded and wooden sign over the door with a picture of a sewing needle and an unlit red lamp. Before Morty can knock on the oaken door it opens up before his knuckles can rap against it and an elderly woman peers out at you and smiles welcomingly. "The tea leaves were right it seems. We do have visitors. Why don't you come in before the wrong someone sees you and make yourselves comfortable in the parlor. The one that you've come to see will be downstairs after I get a chance to wake her."

Morty barely recognizes the woman as the madam of the house, as he never really cared to make more than a passing acquaintance before.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Nice trick with the door. Davian mumbles after the lady has gone. Seer's always made him uncomfortable. They made it seem as if one has no control over their own life.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads