D&D (2024) Size = Strength-Constitution?

Scribe

Legend
BTW, if I train a Chihuahua to herd sheep, it does not become a Border Collie, and if by some act of God my Chihuahua was granted super strength, it does not become a Pit Bull.

Just to make sure everyone understands how things work.

Yaarel

He Mage
BTW, if I train a Chihuahua to herd sheep, it does not become a Border Collie, and if by some act of God my Chihuahua was granted super strength, it does not become a Pit Bull.

Just to make sure everyone understands how things work.
Understand, reallife racists before and after year 1900, said things exactly like the above.

Scribe

Legend
Understand, reallife racists before and after year 1900, said things exactly like the above.

That a small dog cannot 'become' an entirely different, larger type of dog? That a Tiger, is factually stronger than a small toy lap dog?

Laurie Hernandez Latina GIF by Latinx Heritage

You can perform all the mental gymnastics you like, but do you even read things out first?

cranberry

Adventurer
That is kind of the byproduct. If I wanted to play a halfling or any small species I'd have to artificially limit my Strength to something below average? Or assume that my character has a mixed ancestry (human or dwarven)?
This is really... dubious.

It's not dubious. It's a reasonable limitation based on fundamental physics/body mechanics.

...But it is a fantasy game where anything goes, so I guess it depends on where you personally draw the line at the suspension of disbelief.

Yaarel

He Mage
That a small dog cannot 'become' an entirely different, larger type of dog? That a Tiger, is factually stronger than a small toy lap dog?

You can perform all the mental gymnastics you like, but do you even read things out first?
Removing racism makes people angry.

Scribe

Legend
Removing racism makes people angry.

What are you even talking about. You make a thread where you magically erase Halflings, double down on it repeatedly, and quote a perfectly simple and logical example, to then reference 1900 era racists.

Chihuahua-smooth-coat.jpg

5f221f548651dff0f08d5688864b3984.jpg

Right.

Remove ads