Slaad Farming

Clay_More

First Post
Im not sure that poison and disease effects might dissappear with the summoned creature. Especially disease wouldn't dissappear. If it is a bacteriological disease, the disease would most propbably have infected the person and created new bacteria. The originial bacteria might vanish, but the created bacteria would remain. Otherwise, it would mean that all effects created by summon monsters would have to dissappear for it to be logical, including damage.
If it is true though, that everything from a summoned monster dissappears, it would be a perfect way of creating a medieval contraceptive. Imagine this. A wizard does not want to make his wife pregnant. So, he uses gate to transport himself to another plane, perhaps the astral or etheral plane where it's relatively safe. He has given his wife a special monster summoning spell that only summons wizards. With any luck, he will be the one arriving when she uses the spell. So, they can, ahem, do their thing. When the spell ends, he is instantly transported back to his place of origin, the astral or etheral or whatever plane. This would include any part of his body and it's liquids that he has left behind, such as the thing a male excrets during the "ahem" thing I mentioned earlier. It would thus be impossible for her to become impregnated by him, thus offering him a perfect, if not a little complicated, contraceptive.
If any liquids excreted by the summoned monster did not vanish, you could make a regular poison farm, sucking out the poison of summon dire vipers. Some monsters have other parts of their bodies that are used to create magic items or as spell components. These could be harvested as well.
For us, it is a lucky thing that cows are not outsiders. That would mean that if we used Summon Cow to get ourselves some beef, after the spell ended, we would suddenly become extremely hungry as all food left our stomachs.
Anyways, I think the idea of the Slaad Farming is excellent. You could use bunny rabbits instead they, it would be possible for you to have more of them on the same patch of land than cows. I dont know if Slaad can impregnate insects, but the insect would most propably be crushed in the attemp anyway.

officeronin

First Post
Why do you need to control them -- you're CN! Purchase a farm in enemy territory, pose as a farmer for a few weeks, and then leave, releasing your Slaad to do as they like!

Instead of cows, I'd consider chickens -- cheaper, and has the value of an endless stream of "Crossing the Road" jokes.

OfficeRonin

aliensex

First Post
Unfortunately the chickens don't have the constitution to survive the entire gestation period like a cow would. Plus, just thinking of chickens exploding from a developing fetus... great, now I'm ill:(

Unseelie

First Post
MythandLore said:

He doesn't have to be able to cast spells to be a sorcerer does he?

Besides, we're talking a Sorcerer level... it would need to be one attractive cow.

Druid: "That's your Cow?"
Farmer: "Yes"
Druid: "And that's your wife?"
Farmer: "Yes"
Druid: "I think I'll be visiting more often from now on."

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
Caliban is correct. Read p52 of the D&D FAQ.

Everything that a creature summoned by Summon Monster or equivalent spell brings with them disappears at the end of the spell's duration - equipment, body fluids (incl. poison), eggs, everything. No army of slaads.

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

Remove ads