Slaad Farming

Zhure

First Post
Yah, so use Chaos Beasts. The Corporeal Instability they cause transforms the target into another Chaos Beast, leaving nothing behind, like semen, eggs or poison.

Xarlen

First Post
Clay_More said:

If it is true though, that everything from a summoned monster dissappears, it would be a perfect way of creating a medieval contraceptive.

Seeing as summoning spells are only 1 round per level...

Talk about Quickdraw.

KingCroMag

First Post
This might work. In the poly other errata (ToB) it states you cannot poly into a constuct, outsider what have you unless you are of that type. Slaad are outsiders couldn't you upgrade them? Astral Deva slaad o' death?
-KCM

Last edited:

fnork de sporg

First Post
Is there any way to magically extend the summoning to the several days needed for the slaad eggs to hatch? Or perhaps to make the eggs mature extremely fast?

Hashmalum

Explorer
Slaad farming? What a... bizarre... idea. Wouldn't work in my campaign, though, since I created a new type of slaad, the brown slaad, that results from implantation/infection of animals or immature creatures. Stunted, retarded little things that aren't good for much (and can't reproduce), but their smallness and weakness make them the only slaads suitable as Improved Familiars (I went on a bit of a familiar-monster-creating kick a while back).

There's also the fact that while slaad aren't very organized, and probably don't have much racial loyalty, sooner or later some slaad would probably come and free them if for no other reason than to see the glorious chaos that would result from hordes of its fellows being loosed on the material plane.

Vaxalon

First Post
Unfortunately, the spell "Summon Husband" has a 50% failure chance. All you get is a faint voice saying, "Did you say something? I can't hear you..."

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Caliban said:
Um, you guys do know that this wouldn't really work, right?

When the duration of the Summon Monster spell is up, the slaad returns to it's home plane. All of the slaad, including any eggs it had implanted. Same goes for any blood or body parts.

So use Lesser Planar Binding instead... We're talking about a 12th level sorceror so it's well within his abilities...

Remove ads