Small Beginnings - Final Update 6/18/04, ITEOTWAWKI, AIFF!

Badger

First Post
Well, as I just finally figured out what the long letter string up top meant, I thought I could now comment on the final segment of a wonderful beginning.

The story ended as all good ones should, with the promise of another one to follow. All the chars have grown, even Theo who in my opinion was pretty established to begin with, and as such how long can those who have seen more than the average person will ever see stay settled before the road calls to them once more. In my opinion, not too long.

As always, a great story written by two extremely talented authors, and I can't wait to see what comes next...:)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
fett527 said:
Uh, bump I guess. Small Beginnings comes to a close and nobody has a comment???

I thought the gang was all here?

I am here now and I am much pleased by the final update. I have been kept away for a few days by weekend goings on and a new computer game but I loved the last post.

I just wanted to say once again that this remains among the best Story Hours on these boards for all the same reasons that it started out that way. The writing is good. The sense of humor is good. The attention to detail is good. The characters are great!

I very much hope that there are more adventures in store for our heroes and that we'll get to read about them here.

And congratulations to D'shai and Aurora on their impending arrival! Although I can't get the image of the fiery haired heroine staggering around while "great with child" out of my mind. ;)

I'm looking forward to "New Beginnings". Until then, take care of each other.

(And feel free to stop by my Story Hour. Goodness knows I could use a little kick in the pants to keep the updates flowing.)

Pyske

Explorer
fett527 said:
Uh, bump I guess. Small Beginnings comes to a close and nobody has a comment???

I thought the gang was all here?
The invisible forces keep deleting my messages. Hopefully you'll see this while HULK is busy swatting them.

Good story, thanks for writing it, and I look forward to the next chapter. Even if I didn't get to be a rugrat. ;)

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Last edited:

Jon Potter

First Post
You can't fool me! I remember a lo-o-o-ng time ago you mentioning that the characters' adventures had far outdistanced the humble tales chronicled in "Small Beginnings". I just hope that the remainder of the Heroes of Icemist stories get written up for our consumption here.

In other words...

The first tales have been great! And I hope for many, many more!

Rel said:
(And feel free to stop by my Story Hour. Goodness knows I could use a little kick in the pants to keep the updates flowing.)

Is that all it'll take? Let me go get my BIG boots! ;)

brellin

First Post
cool sh and i hope that we have not seen the last of Pack and friends and i hope that Meepo makes a quick return and congrats on all the new babys and
please write more cool stuff
-Brellin :]

Enkhidu

Explorer
We're still not sure if we want to do a new thread or rename this one - we'll probably go with a new thread unless there is a hue and cry.

In other news, we're both really freakin' busy, which is why you haven't seen the new thread started yet.

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
I come back to find the 'End of Small Beginnings'?!?! But, I'm glad I came back when I did...otherwise Enk's previous post wouldn't have been made. Whew! ;)

Extremely glad to hear that the SH will continue...I think a new thread is the best route. Thanks for the cameo in the last part of Small Beginnings! I think the ending was fantastic--once again highlighting the characters, their relationships and emotions.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to in the new SH is more of Worm...Hulk will be unbearable around here you know that don't you? :D

Thanks again for an excellent SH and here's to the continuation (soon)!

-LW

P.S. Congrats to Dshai and Aurora on their coming addition!

Remove ads