Small Beginnings - Final Update 6/18/04, ITEOTWAWKI, AIFF!

dshai527

First Post
LiVeWiRe said:
P.S. Congrats to Dshai and Aurora on their coming addition!

Thank You Wire and Everybody else who has commented. We had a miscarriage back in December, so this has been very stressful on us. We worry about every little twicth or symptom, but we will calm down eventually...or maybe we won't. (We go for our ultrasound on the 29th of July. So far everyone in the family is trying to talk us out of finding out the sex, but what do they know.)

On the story side I just wanted eveyone to know that there is a lot more to tell and the story keeps getting better, thanks mostly to the players who continue to develope their characters and play out their backstories along with the evolving storyline.

Enk and I are dedicate to getting this story down as a reminder of the fun we have had with this game and these characters, as well as for you our fans. We are trying to stay true to the original action, while cutting out any unnecessary items or continuity issues (Like guest players or nights where the mountain dew ran a little too freely).We continue to joke about persuing other stories as well, but I don't see that anytime soon since time is not with us right now. We do have another project in the works along with Fett that is taking up some time as well, but we will get something rolling soon. Yes look for more Worm with a side of Pack and less Aurora although you could argue that she is the main character. Hope that got your attention. :D

See you soon.

Americano

First Post
Wow. I was nearly late for the concert I was going to this evening due to getting caught up in reading this. Great, great story hour. I'm almost ashamed of my own meager Meepo story as compared to how great he is here.

I'm greatly looking forward to future stories.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Don't feel bad about your Meepo rendition, man - the whole "Meepo journal" idea kicked my butt. Especially when he got to the first drawing. I actually had to read it aloud to my wife I was laughing so hard.

And believe it or not, I read it days ago, not just since you posted here.

Anyway, keep it up!

Americano

First Post
Enkhidu said:
Don't feel bad about your Meepo rendition, man - the whole "Meepo journal" idea kicked my butt. Especially when he got to the first drawing. I actually had to read it aloud to my wife I was laughing so hard.

And believe it or not, I read it days ago, not just since you posted here.

Anyway, keep it up!

Thanks, that's very much appreciated. Look for an update sometime this weekend.

dshai527

First Post
So you have been waiting for an update, calmly sitting there gazing at your monitor occasionally hitting the refresh button and still no new stories about our famed heroes(and sometimes our readers).

Well to be truthful, getting ready for a baby is a lot more work than I expected, especially when you are job hunting at the same time and still working full time a job that is an hour and a half away. (By the way its gonna be a girl...you heard it here first.)

Anyway Enk and I have not had a lot of time to sit down and work on this project, but I promise you that will change soon. Unless the mantle of DM holds Enk back from devoting time. Yes, that's right Enk is DMing. I have stepped aside for a few months to devote time to my beautiful but enlarging wife and her every need...including Chocolate at the wee hours of the morning.

On the plus side this means that I get to play a character for a change and yes I chose Ranger as I always do (At least his first few levels were Ranger..true rangers don't need spells!). Could be worse I could have gone with my other favorite...Pirate! ( A little harder for campaign ideas.)

Don't fret all you, our faithful readers, we still have a lot of story to tell just to get to where we are now so this should not stop us from getting going again. Enk often says we should just flash forward to where we are and get started again there, but I say if you're going to tell a story...tell the whole story. Besides I think Enk just wants to leave out that nasty wolverine part, but being the friend that I am I want him to enjoy the memories that the gaming table has given us. Oh wait, he's the DM now...hmmmm I should rethink my stategy. Oh well, keep an Eye out soon for our new beginning and see how fame has effected or writers...er I mean heroes.

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Good luck with the job search Dshai! I can empathize, well except for having a pregnant wife at the same time.

Sounds like Enk will be extracting some revenge... :]

Definitely looking forward to the 'new beginning'! :D

-LW

Enkhidu

Explorer
The Axe said:
I haven't, by chance, missed the beginning of a new thread, have I?

Sorry to say that there is not yet a new Small Beginnings thread. Yet. D'Shai and I promised each other that we wouldn't start posting without a fairly significant backlog of material we could dole out on a weekly basis even if we got sidetracked with life (as has happened in the past). On the upside, the material machine is cranking up again, so we're hoping that it will be sometime soon. Basically, once we get three double length posts ahead we'll probably start posting again.

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep a hand in by posting a bit from a secondary campaign I'm running while D'Shai plays with his new baby. Its called In the Shadow of the Wood, and its a solo thing.

Remove ads