• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Small, cuddly, and explosive (comments appreciated)

ValarX

First Post
gamecat said:
Sorry, but by the book, only Outsiders can be called with summon monster spells...

True, but with celestial dogs and celestial bison, what prevents a celestial version of one of these? Just apply the celestial template (normally found on low level summons) to the above and there you go, celestial poepoe.

Sixchan

First Post
I also created virtually the exact same thing, except they actually bred by exploding. A littler consisted of about 30 fuizzes (for so I called them, because I sucked at naming back then), and when the female went into labour...BOOM! 30 fuizzes, all over a wide area. They had complete immunity to fire, so that the young didn't die in the massive fireball.

And I used them like bombs too.

An interesting idea. I would make them simillar to Shocker Lizards, thou. Have each one do 1d6 in whatever square it occupies. Each Poepoe that occupies a square and explodes at the same time adds 1d6 and +1 to the save. The damage is treated as coming from the same source. Tones it down a little, but you could still get some gnarly bangs.

Of course, these little guys seem like they would go extinct pretty quickly, despite Fast Breeding. One little Minor Image down a tunnel, and BOOM, no more rodents, and you have a drainage ditch, too.:D

Last edited:

ValarX

First Post
Jondor_Battlehammer said:
An interesting idea. I would make them simillar to Shocker Lizards, thou. Have each one do 1d6 in whatever square it occupies. Each Poepoe that occupies a square and explodes at the same time adds 1d6 and +1 to the save. The damage is treated as coming from the same source. Tones it down a little, but you could still get some gnarly bangs.

With this ruling, ten of these in the same space would deal 15d6 damage with reflex save DC 23 for half damage. Twenty of them would deal 25d6 damage with reflex save DC 33 for half damage. Given that 20 poepoes would not be difficult to keep in a 10ft pit trap (as long as you feed them), this makes for one dangerous trap. Although you'd have to set that trap up in a part of the dungeon you didn't care about losing.

Actually, I meant that each Poepoe does 1d6, not 6d6 and 1d6 extra. With the rules on creatures occupying a space, it shouldn't get that bad if you play strictly by the book.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads