• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Small Press author in litte shamed letters apologizes

damiynn

First Post
I am AV Wedhorn author of A Kings Quest, I didnt mean to cause such a big scene, I only have a small press publisher. So in order to get more exposure I hit the boards but I have kept it to a minimum. I hate spam and what i did was truly wrong. A Kings Quest has gotten some good and bad reviews, although the bad ones werent because of the story which sffworld thought was great and the reviewer didnt read the whole book, it was mostly because of the editor. I was just trying to get it noticed a little bit more, it is helm publishings bestselling book. I have been a lurker here for a long while and should have know better but I thought what the hell. I recently got an internet card that allows me access since I travel everywhere and decided to do a little promoting. Good detective work to all of you who figured it out. My hat goies off to you in a flamboyant bow. To the modereators here is the post you asked for and I will keep my own hype down to a minimum sorry for the deception. A V Wedhorn

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Great skills we have, honed by years of searching for stuff.

We are honored for the admittance...*not speaking for everyone* But let this experience be a guide tool, on how to make better the means of 'advancing' one's own material. For the future.

-Engaging cloak shield-

Sir Brennen

Legend
JimAde said:
Ok. Having now said that (thank you) how about a link to the book? :)
There seems to be at least two different Helm Publishing sites on the web, but I think this is the right one here (especially since the other seems to specialize in nursing study publications ;) )

There's also a link to the author's website listed on the page, as well.

So, is Helm Publishing one of those companies that pays you a fee and royalties... or you have to pay them to get a print run? :uhoh:

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
damiynn said:
Two things here is the link and how do i get a quote under my posts? www.akingsquest.com or www.thekingdomchroncles.com

For a quote place the word quote in brackets before the quoted text and /quote in brackets after it like here (I purposely misspelled it so it will show up as text):

[quota=Thornir Alekeg]This is a quote[/quota] The equals sign followed by a name gives the "Oringinally posted by x" heading in the quote

Will then look like
Thornir Alekeg said:
This is a quote

Thanks for the links to your stuff.

Sir Brennen

Legend
I think he meant how to get "quotes" as a signature.

Damiynn - at the top of the page, go to My Account, then My User Control Panel has Edit My Signature under it - you can then place links to your site there.

damiynn

First Post
About helm publishing

Dianne Helm pays roaylties ,, a lot in royalties actually better than most, but it is a small press. www.publishersdrive.com

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

By the way that is also one of my favorite quotes of all time.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Sir Brennen said:
I think he meant how to get "quotes" as a signature.

Damiynn - at the top of the page, go to My Account, then My User Control Panel has Edit My Signature under it - you can then place links to your site there.

Oh, yeah, whoops... :eek:

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
So I just took a look at the prologue from the first book at your linked website. I don't know if what is there is exactly what is in the published book (other than some html funkiness), but if it is, it really needs some editing. I will admit that as a former editor I find these things very distracting and I have trouble getting into the story when this happens.

Obviously just a prologue on a website may not be indicative of the actual book, and it wasn't enough to get a good sense of your ideas, characters and overall story, but it was enough to make me wary of reading further. Sorry. :(

Remove ads