• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smartest creatures ranked by INT

Jeremy

Explorer
What are some really hyper intelligent creatures? I know great wyrm golds are INT 32, but who are the other ultra smart creatures? I can find creatures with 39 STR but I need an inhuman schemer who has always been a super genius (read, didn't gain 30 levels, read a book, and put on circlet).

mikebr99

Explorer
Jeremy said:
What are some really hyper intelligent creatures? I know great wyrm golds are INT 32, but who are the other ultra smart creatures? I can find creatures with 39 STR but I need an inhuman schemer who has always been a super genius (read, didn't gain 30 levels, read a book, and put on circlet).
Hey Jeremy.

Page 9 of the phb has a little bit of a list...

Mike

Jeremy

Explorer
Yup. And they are all 1-19 range for the most part. It's also core only. :(

Surely there are some 28 INT creatures, some 36 INT creatures, or some 42 INT creatures. Gotta find something with labyrinthine plots and plans.

NexH

First Post
The black ethergaunts (Fiend Folio) have 31 int, and even those of the lowest caste of ethergaunts have 23 int.

kenobi65

First Post
Jeremy said:
I can find creatures with 39 STR but I need an inhuman schemer who has always been a super genius (read, didn't gain 30 levels, read a book, and put on circlet).

How about an awakened advanced super-genius coyote?

(Then again, his WIS score is probably 4. ;) )

Attachments

• wiley.gif
    wiley.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 7,108

Corsair

First Post
Illithid have to be up there.

Edit: And remember, those are the "average" for their race. The equivalent of a 10 int human. if you want them to be smarter than the average monster, just tack on +8 int.

gabrion

First Post
THe black ethergaunt is prolly your best choice. I've looked for this same thing severl times (for Polymorph and Object) and they are the best I've found as a base. As saide before, they are average for their race, so you can still get their INT way higher (like in the fifties).

I'll be watching to see if you find something better...

Jeremy

Explorer
gabrion said:
THe black ethergaunt is prolly your best choice. I've looked for this same thing severl times (for Polymorph and Object) and they are the best I've found as a base.

You can Polymorph Any Object into a black ethergaunt?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads