• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sneak Attack and powers

Legildur

First Post
Newish to 4E and curious as to whether each target in the area of a Blinding Barrage is subject to Sneak Attack damage if you have combat advantage?

Sneak Attack: "Once per round, when you have combat advantage against an enemy and hit that enemy with an attack that uses a crossbow, a light blade, or a sling, the attack deals extra damage."

Blinding Barrage: Daily; Martial; Weapon; Close Blast 3; you must be wielding a crossbow, a light thrown weapon, or a sling. Hit: Damage [2w]+Dex and target blinded until end of next turn; Miss: half damage and target not blinded.

The character builder description for Blinding Barrage references the +2d8 Sneak Attack damage, but I just want to make sure.

Kalbutt

First Post
And you can choose after you roll damage. Depending on your DM you might be able to roll all the damages and choose your target after... I'm not sure if it's forbidden per RAW.

Bumamgar

First Post
And you can choose after you roll damage. Depending on your DM you might be able to roll all the damages and choose your target after... I'm not sure if it's forbidden per RAW.
For area attacks you only roll damage once and apply it to each enemy you hit, FYI

Kalbutt

First Post
For area attacks you only roll damage once and apply it to each enemy you hit, FYI

Yeah, I meant you should be able to choose which target to apply SA damage
after finishing the attack resolution (including the multiple attack rolls and single damage roll in case of an area attack).

ghearus

Explorer
Most importantly, you choose to deal sneak attack damage after you have hit. You don't have to declare it as part of your attack.

Remove ads