• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sneak Attack Questions

atomn

Explorer
There's the Wormhunter PrC from DR338 that lets you perform Sneak Attacks and Crits on undead creatures. It seems difficult to get in-game, story-wise. And the requirements are a bit hefty. It can be found at Crystal Keep. Enjoy!

Kabol

First Post
theres also the Craven feat in .. LoM i think - lets you add your level to any sneak attack damage. so lvl 15, with Craven adds +15 damage any think he adds Sneak attack dmg

Storyteller01

First Post
The Way of the Ninja has some evil feats for this, although it's 3.0 and (technically) 3rd party.

One allows you to swap SA d6's for Dex damage if you spend Void points.

Another instantly kills a target if your SA brings them to 5 hp or less.

They also have one that allows you to delay SA damage until 3d6 rounds after the strike.

One allows you to double the threat range of a strike during a SA, provided you take a full round action.

moritheil

First Post
Dross said:
No, Sneak Attack Damage is added only once each hit no matter how many conditions are met. A Rogue1 would only get the +1d6 Sneak attack damage if she was flanking and invisible or scored a critical while flanking or scored a critical with Telling Blow.

I'm not sure that I follow this. The reason an invisible rogue only gets sneak attack on the first hit is that she becomes visible. However, with a blind or flanked enemy, or improved invis, what prevents the rogue from continuing to rack up sneak attacks? Similarly, as long as she keeps rolling criticals, what prevents her from getting a sneak attack on each successive critical with Telling Blow?

(Well, obviously, a Rogue 1 doesn't have multiple iterative attacks, but I'm asking about a mid-level rogue.)

EDIT: Aha, just re-read and saw the post by NR regarding two sneak attack applications on a single critical roll. No, that shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads