• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So anyone get ahold of the A Game of Thrones RPG?

ecliptic

First Post
Like my Serenity RPG thread that never really took off. :)

Would you mind giving us the Table of Contents and answering some questions.

Sunchaser

First Post
I have the .pdf, got it a few days ago. And let me tell you, it is TOTALLY AWESOME. They've captured the feel of the novels almost perfectly. I can't wait to run this game, although it's a game with a totally different "feel" to any other RPG I've played.

Chapter 1: (Intro to the game.)
Chapter 2: (Char creation basics.)
Chapter 3: (Abilty score, point buy system.)
Chapter 4: (Backgrounds, what region you're from.)
Chapter 5: (House Affiliations)
Chapter 6: Char Classes (Artisian, Godsworn, Hunter, Knave, Maester, Man-at-Arms, Noble, Raider) Prestige Classes (Bloodrider, Brother of the Kingsguard, Commander, Knight, Night Watch Ranger and Steward, Spy, Water Dancer.)
Chapter 7: Skills
Chapter 8: Feats (Background, General, Legendary.)
Chapter 9: Reputation and Influence (quite involved)
Chapter 10: Defects (can be taken for extra skill points or feats)
Chapter 11: Equipment (uses a mixture of coin, barter, and a Wealth system)
Chapter 12: Game mechanics (combat, tournaments, using reputation and influence, etc.)
Chapter 13: Playing in the Seven Kingdoms, and suggestions of game styles.)
Chapter 14: GM notes
Chapter 15: The World
Chapter 16: Characters from the Novels

Combat is great, it's very similar to a system I was working on. Basically attack is an opposed roll between attacker and defender. Low hit points, no magical healing, armour as damage reduction, "called shots" to specific locations, bypassing armour, etc.

It's going to be a very tricky game to DM for me, and I see a lot of hard work and planning going into the adventures. At least my players are as excited as I am, we all LOVE the novels and now feverishly re-reading the books to get back into the feel.

Vexed

First Post
I almost bought the book at Gen Con, but then I saw the (d 20 only) version that will be released in October. And i decided to save $50 bucks and wait until then. I can tell you the art lay out was outstanding. Quality stuff! I was hoping they would have an adventure in it. I will be looking forward to some modules they put out... hopefully they will!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Yup. I am one of 2,500 people tha own the Deluxe Limited Edition. The art inside is truly amazing, it nearly brought tears to my eyes. Never before has a gaming bokk done that for me. The majority of it is written for the d20 system though pages 491 - 569 have the info necessary for using it as a Tri Stat campaign.

Sunchaser

First Post
I got the straight d20 version, not the deluxe edition (have no need for the tri-stat system and $100 is pretty steep.)
I wouldn't try print it, it's nearly 500 pages and each page is coloured with emblems and lots of artwork, so I dunno how the print-out will look (depending on your printer of course.)
I have also ordered the book from my local store, but things take SO LONG here in South Africa, and when I saw the .pdf I just couldn't wait! :)
I think we should all maybe try work on same sample scenarios and gameplay ideas, because it looks like a really challenging system to run properly.
Cheers!

Maester Luwin

First Post
Hey Sunchaser! If the GoO forums ever come back up you can take a look at my campaign (8 months in the making). It is set in the year 195 (about 100 years beore the events in the book). This time period parallels the books pretty well without having to worry about someone killing off Tyrion. Beow is my campaign overview- the first nine under Dramatis Personae are Pc choices. The Pc's start out as members of the Stark or Karstark houses. Lord Artos must convince the Northern Lords that Raymun is indeed a threat while Lord Willam his brother deals with the Sothern Lords & Ironmen.

The Game of Thrones Campaign
Dramatis Personae
Rickon Karstark the younger of two bothers & Master of the Hunt of his father’s house Karhold;
Helga a wildling from north of the wall now servant at Karhold & mother of the bastard Jasson Snow;
Donnel of Long Lake man-at-arms of Lord Willam Stark’s household & protector of Artos;
Quelion Woolfield a scholar of the Citadel & trained Maester / healer (tutor of young Jasson Snow);
Septon Heward godsworn of the Seven & outcast of the Old faith;
Jasson Snow only a boy of eleven/ bastard son of Helga & Artos Stark – ward of Lord Karlon;
Alton Motley acrobat, juggler, & mummer known as the fool of Karhold;
Artos Stark known as “The Implacable” & brother of Willam Lord of Winterfell- recently come to check on his son & rumors of unrest beyond the Wall;
Nymeros Martell Dornish prince/ hostage of Lord Willam & ward of Lord Karlon- something of a Knave;

House Karstark
Lord Karlon Lord of Karhold – known as the “Old Bear”;
Lady Nera of House Flint, wife of Karlon, & only supporter of Septon Heward;
Karl Karstark heir to Karhold & brother to Rickon;
Alanna Umber wife of Karl & known as a great huntswoman in her own right- strong supporter of the Old Faith;
Jarana Karstark eldest daughter of Karl & Alanna (age 7);
Kerena Karstark youngest daughter of Karl & Alanna (age 3);
Miles Tallheart Steward of Karhold;
Daron Longhand Master-At-Arms & trusted retainer;
The Guardsmen Mull, Daron the Younger, Ballen, Mark of Last Hearth, Robin, Jayce, Little William, Tomas, Harwin, & Varly;
The Huntsmen Daveth, Jory, & Perran the Elder;
Maylwyn smith & armorer;
Hallen the cook;
Janna Hallen’s wife, cook, & at times mid-wife;
Goodwin Master of horse;
The Stable boys Timlin & Harold;
The Servants Emma & Bruhilda (“Hilda”);

The year is 195 & Daeron II sits upon the Iron Throne. To the North ,beyond the wall, Raymun Redbeard gathers the Wildlings under his banner as King Beyond The Wall. To the South Daemon Blackfyre gathers followers to contest Daeron’s right to rule. The Greyjoys continue to raid the western coast in their longships. House Martell & Dorne remains uneasy allies even though a Dornish queen shares the throne at Kingslanding. The Houses, both great & small, must now maneuver for their best place in the upcoming Game Of Thrones! A game where the stakes are high & to lose means death!

Hope you can use some or all of it! Thanks Maester Luwin

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Sunchaser said:
I got the straight d20 version, not the deluxe edition (have no need for the tri-stat system and $100 is pretty steep.)
From what I heard at GenCon, the D20 version should be available in print no later than October.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads