• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, are we going to get a PHB II too?

Felon

First Post
After hearing the tales of DMG II's wild, nearly-unprecedented success, should we expect to be seeing a PHB II some time down the road?

You know what? I for one don't find such an ide laughable or objectionable. In fact, I might just welcome such a product if it were handled properly.

In particular, I wouldn't mind seeing new core classes assembled and refined. Perhaps pick one base class from each of the Complete books. My choices would be Hexblade, Spirit Shaman, Warlock, and Scout. And I'd definitely throw in the Marshal from the Minis Handbook for good measure.

In general, I'd like to see the cream of the crop--classes, feats, equipment, spells, etc.--in one place, a single point of reference. Obviously, new content would be welcome as well, but I really would pay $40 just see the load I'm carrying to gaming table lightened. Of the majority of the books I bring I really am only interested in a small section from each.

dvvega

Explorer
And this is why I wish they would not make the text/sections flow together.

I would love to cut the spine from my books and put the pages into a folder (or spiral bind or whatever) and be able to slip in new class sections/race sections as they appear in newer books.

Even remove old sections that are replaced in newer books.

D

Mokona

First Post
If they do a Player's Handbook II then I hope they'll skip 3.5 classes from the Complete books and instead update 3rd edition material only like the Marshal.

Updating Arms and Equipment Guide material to 3.5 would also be nice. Add in some extra Deities for Clerics from Deities and Demigods. Also more PC race ideas fleshed out like the dwarf of LA +0 races from Monster Manual II and Fiend Folio.

Plus some new content we haven't ever seen before!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
dvvega said:
Even remove old sections that are replaced in newer books.

D

I very much doubt there would be anything like that. 3e has been very modular, meaning that nothing in the new books supercede the old. 3.5 was an upgrade to the whole system; a PHBII would simply be a collation of material that works with the system as it is. Anything beyond that would mean a new edition of the game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads