So, are we still going to be doing this when we're 70?

der_kluge

Adventurer
So, I spend my free hours drawing up dungeons and populating them with monsters, traps, and puzzles. I'm 30 years old.

Do you think we'll all still be doing this when we're 70?

And won't dungeons, traps, and monsters be kind of "boring" at that point?

der_kluge

Adventurer
I suppose... I'm just having a hard time envisioning a bunch of 70-year olds sitting around a table saying, "Oh, I forgot the +1 from Eldoth's Prayer spell, so that's 15 points of damage instead, beyatch!"

I mean, how many orcs does one have to slay in a lifetime before it becomes kind of old hat?

I used to have a friend in college that had been playing since he was 12. And, whenever he'd make a PC, it was always some oddball thing that was painfully non-standard, like a zulu warrior or something equally weird. I told him, "why can't you just make a neutral good male human fighter" and he would shudder "I've played every race/class combo there is, so I have to keep searching for something unique."

I can't imagine what kinds of PCs 70-year olds might play to challenge them, and still keep the game interesting. I mean, will I still have a thing for clerics 40 years from now?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Playing since 12 (1974), turned 40 last year. I will play in the seventies, eighties, or even when it is hotter... ;)

Remove ads