So i have an idea that needs a system

the_cowley

Explorer
So the idea is that my players will be the Kaiju, monsters sent to earth to prepare it for colonization. I was wondering if anyone knew a point buy system that allows players to create their own custom abilities/powers? I'm actually not worried about anything else, since I will ask them to just look in such a way that makes sense for their powers. I don't plan on them being Godzilla size in all honesty, but anyways. Any systems that you thing can work?

*EDIT*

I should have mentioned. I can't do gurps, I've tried before, and honestly it's all way too much for me. I get the dice mechanics for the most part, but I do not have time to read through the many multitudes of books to find the specific things i need

Last edited:

Nagol

Unimportant
In order of my preference, Champions, some FATE variants (I tend towards Strands of Fate), Villains and Vigilantes, and GURPS leap to mind. A few of the other old superhero game versions, like DC Heroes, could also be mutilated to serve.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
HERO (used to be called Champions) is probably the best bet, but Mutants & Masterminds would probably work well, too.

Last edited:

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
If you're into homebrewing, you could try this out. There are two different systems that might work for you:

- Average-person-based outcomes
Outcome resolution improves on a scale based on what an average person could accomplish. So creating a spark of a fire might be on the low end of the scale (+4) while incinerating an entire town would be on the high end (+20).

- Skill-based progress
If the monster's ability/power result is more a question of When than If, you can set a progress goal and let the player roll toward that. This method uses an initiative framework that allows allies and foes to contribute (or oppose) in a flexible, time-increment balance.

Remove ads