• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I have the Martial Powers book.

Bagpuss

Legend
I'm curious as to how the companions damage stacks up compared to weapons, and if your choice of beast changes it.

They range from 1d6 to 1d12 with most being 1d8, so yes your choice of beast does make a difference in the damage dice, and it is comparable to weapon damage.

Rechan

Adventurer
Not how I expect you would want no. There isn't a way you can deal sneak attack damage more than once per encounter, but there is a feat that lets you deal your sneak attack damage to every target you hit with an encounter power (which only counts as one use of Sneak Attack). So a multiclass character would benefit from this feat and deal multiple amounts of sneak attack damage, just on the one occasion.
Damn. No body give that feat to a rogue. That's nasty.

Bagpuss

Legend
Damn. No body give that feat to a rogue. That's nasty.

It's not nasty it's Epic! :)

Anyway, I think that's enough for now, I want to actually read it properly rather than just scan for tip bits.

To sum up I'm really impressed with it, the focus, the balance, the sheer number of new options. So big thumbs up from me. :D

I'm just a little frustrated that I'm currently playing a cleric, how long is it until Divine Power? :.-(

WalterKovacs

First Post
Cool to here there is a drow rogue paragon [although it's to be expected]. That's going to make one of my players happy ... he's at about level 7 going on 8 now, so should get Martial Power in time before they hit Paragon tier.

Klaus

First Post
Anything for the Mounted Warrior archetype? Powers? Feats?

Can a Beastmaster take a "dragon" as a companion? What about a "mount"?

Can a non-Ranger get a companion?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads