• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I have the Martial Powers book.

firesnakearies

Explorer
Thanks a ton for all of the info, Bagpuss!

I'm really excited about this book. I'm glad they did Martial Power first. Martial-type characters have always been my very favorite.

Hmm. With this book, and the new gladiator information, I want to run an all-martial character campaign focused on gladiatorial themes.

The_Fan

First Post
Anything for the Mounted Warrior archetype? Powers? Feats?

Can a Beastmaster take a "dragon" as a companion? What about a "mount"?

Can a non-Ranger get a companion?

I don't have it, but I'm going to venture a guess and say that "dragon" would be covered by "lizard." It'd just be described as a sort of a drake or pseudodragon or something.

AlphaDucky5

First Post
I'm just curious how on earth did you get the book so early??? isn't it not coming out for another few weeks?

Sorry if this is a n00b question or something.....

Thanks.

AD5

Rechan

Adventurer
Just curious and sorry if this has been answered. Is there anything in the MP book for Swordmages???
thanks
That's an Arcane power source. This is a Martial power book. So I doubt it.

However, that does bring me to a question. Bagpuss, you mentioned a variety of multi-class feats. The new Class Acts: Warlord article has multi-class feats for a Warlord multi-ing into a Warlock (they allow the Warlord to curse and do various effects, as well as use reach weapons as a warlock implement).

Do any such feats that play off of multi-class combinations exist in the book (rather than feats that just allow you to get class features)?

Perun

Mushroom
Thank you for sharing the information with us, Bagpuss!

Are there any weapon-related (as in, functioning better with certain weapon groups) explits at levels other than 3rd, 13th, and 23rd?

Also, are there any such exploits for weapon groups that were "forgotten" in the PH (namely the staff)?

Are there any staff-related feats in the book?

And, I believe one of the designers mentioned alternate multiclass feats. Are there any options that would make a staff-using multiclass wizard/fighter build viable?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Rechan

Adventurer
Perun. I just wanted to let you know that the Gladiator article has a feat which allows you to treat a Staff as a double weapon (as per the weapons in the Adventurer's Vault).

Bagpuss

Legend
I'm not going to comment any more on the content of the book, I think I've provided plenty of spoilers, and some of the questions now are getting more into details about mechanics which I don't think would be fair to release.

I think it's enough now to say I am very happy with the content of the book. I'll recommend it to anyone that plays (or might play in the future) a 4th Ed Martial character.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads