• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So... I need to sell some books...

Obryn

Hero
Hey, all! Even though I am loath to sell any RPG book ever, money is needed for things like ... children. And medical bills. :) Any idea which - if any - of these I could sell? All of them are in pretty good shape, mostly around what I'd call Very Good to Excellent. The weakest are Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, which has highlighting and notes from when I ran it; and the basic PHB, DMG, and MM (and the Expanded Psionics Handbook), where I marked the inside front cover with a little glyph because I'm a dork like that.

Otherwise, pretty much every book has those little bends on the top and bottom around the spine, but I haven't seen many RPG books without that. Almost all of them have slightly dented corners, but only a few have actual scuffs where bare cardboard is showing. Almost all of these were read at some point. I would guess most would be called VG, with some into Excellent, and a few down to Fair.

Complete Book of Eldritch Might
Complete Champion
Complete Mage
Draconomicon
Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5
Dungeon Master's Guide II
Eberron Campaign Setting
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
Fiend Folio
Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss
Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Frostburn
Libris Mortis
Lords of Madness
Magic Item Compendium
Magic of Incarnum
Manual of the Planes
Miniatures Handbook
Monster Manual 3.5
Monster Manual II
Monster Manual III
Monster Manual IV
Oriental Adventures
Planar Handbook
Player's Handbook 3.5
Player's Handbook II
Races of Destiny
Races of Stone
Races of the Dragon
Races of the Wild
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
Rokugan Campaign Setting
Sandstorm
Spell Compendium
Stormwrack
Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords
Tome of Magic

I also have...
* Wilderlands of High Fantasy boxed set (played with, box is messy)
* The Wilderlands Player's Guide 3.5 (some pencil marks)
* City-State of the Invincible Overlord hardcover 3.5 (barely-read)
* Caverns of Thracia (unread)

...I also plan on selling my SWSE Starships of the Galaxy, which I know has been considered valuable.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask the experts. :) Thanks in advance!

-O

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
From our recent sales of doubles and the collection of a friend who also needed some money, I can say it is not really worth the trouble even when you sell them at a local convention or meetup. You'll be sorry to see the books gone, and it won't help you cover any bills.

I don't know about Starships of the Galaxy, you could probably Ebay it off with some gain.

Alternatively, sell your children :D

Gilladian

Adventurer
Check the Nobleknight website, but generally used gamebooks, unless they're rare, don't bring anything.

And for collectors, condition is EVERYTHING. They don't want bumped corners, bent spines or any visible marks on the books.That's why they're collectors.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
* Wilderlands of High Fantasy boxed set (played with, box is messy)
* The Wilderlands Player's Guide 3.5 (some pencil marks)
* City-State of the Invincible Overlord hardcover 3.5 (barely-read)
* Caverns of Thracia (unread)

These should be worth something. At least, I got $100 for my so-so copy of the Wilderlands box set and I think $50 for my CSIO earlier this year.

Didn't try to sell my player's guide and didn't have Thracia...

Remove ads