• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So i tried Tera: Rising online and fell in love with the lancer class.

DanGwancie

First Post
Ok. just as the title states, i tried the recently free to play Tera online MMO, and rolled a lancer, the main "tank" of the game and i fell in love with it.

I thought: "Why shouldn't i try to bring the concept into D&D / Pathfinder? let's go to ENWORLD"
Well then, here i am. to those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, the Lancer is a heavy-shielded Heavy(or light, should it be used as template in DND/PATHFINDER)Lance aggro machine.

It moves in the battleground fast enough for the armor it carries. it's a "poker" and a good Active Defender.( you actually choose when to block, with the right mouse button.)

Now, what i actually mean is: Is it Viable? is it even good enough a concept to think further about?

They use what we in DnD call heavy armor, but could use medium;
They wield a Lance as their only weapon;
and they also use Heavy or tower shields

What i ask for mainly is:
- Is a lance a good weapon to carry around or does that only belong on a horseback rider's hand?
- Is this a good enough concept to even consider making a character out of?

For the campaign i am currently playing on, i have access only to Core stuff plus the advanced players guide ( i dunno if that's core or otherwise, i just felt the need to state it)

Here's a video showing some aspects of the class.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DanGwancie

First Post
I was looking around the advanced players guide and instead of a lance i thought: oracle with a Small longspear. it's a shortspear with reach. and Oracle has the amazing Battle Mystery, which gives weapon focus and other combat oriented maneuvers and feat-like abilities. what do you guys think?

Remove ads