• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, i want to make a Kalashter psion/monk

Digital Archon

First Post
I think this would be a cool idea, combining the ideals of the Kalashtar love of physical and mental perfection into a single package. It would probably be a lousy build, mind you, but i don't care too much about that (i think).

What would be a good way to start a build for such a character? Obviously Monastic training would be a required feat.

Scion

First Post
why psion? It would seem that either psionic fist or warmind would work better overall.

Pick up a monks belt (dmg) at some point, maybe even get your own worlds version of gauntlets of the talon (complete divine).

I have played with a similar build before, but modified for your desires it would looke like this:

Monk4/psion1/warmind10/PsionicFist5

Definately not the most optimized build, but it would be interesting at least ;)

BAB 16 (at level 20), ability to bypass magic DR early on, final base saves of F: +12, R: +15, W: +13, 3/- DR, monk striking abilities at level 13 or so (monk 4 + psionic fist 5 + monks belt + maybe claws), sweeping strike really makes for a ton of attacks as well.

I dont know if you can work with this or not, but it sounds interesting to me. But then, it isnt terribly monk+psion, but it is a monk with a lot of psionic ability and definately focused on mental and physical arts.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I have a human monk/psywar character who is tremendous fun to play. I've currently built him up to Monk4/psywar4 (our campaign doesn't have prestige classes, else I'd be in fist of zuoken by now).

A kalashtar would make an excellent base race for the character. Although he'd be down one feat and a few skill points, the extra pp from being kalashtar would be a huge help since those are particularly limited resources.

If you would like to see how the PC developed from 1st through to 8th level, take a look in the rogues gallery here

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=88465

Even a straight-up monk with psychic feats would be neat, but you could take just one level of psion and get some useful long-lasting powers (e.g. inertial armour etc.)

Cheers

Remove ads