So ... Supergirl

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Ah. See I didn't know that. I assumed with it being Supergirl, she'd be fighting aliens or Brainiac or something.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The episode is about terrorist bombings.

I still don't see why the episode should be pulled. Afterall episode 3 was about a guy who had suffered injury from collateral damage caused by Superman - yet that episode wasn't pulled in respect from all those injured from collateral damage in the various conflicts around the world.

I'm hoping they at least allow it to be called up on demand for those who do want to watch it.

Ryujin

Legend
I still don't see why the episode should be pulled. Afterall episode 3 was about a guy who had suffered injury from collateral damage caused by Superman - yet that episode wasn't pulled in respect from all those injured from collateral damage in the various conflicts around the world.

I'm hoping they at least allow it to be called up on demand for those who do want to watch it.

For the same reason that episodes of several shows were pulled after the Boston terrorist bombing, "Spider-Man" went back for re-edits to remove the WTC after 9/11, you're very unlikely to ever see the Jackie Chan movie "Nosebleed", and you likely wouldn't want the only thing on TV to be "Old Yeller" right after your dog died.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
and you likely wouldn't want the only thing on TV to be "Old Yeller" right after your dog died.

So don't watch it. Its not the only thing on TV. There is all that Paris coverage on 24h news channels to distract that dead dog owner.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
So don't watch it. Its not the only thing on TV. There is all that Paris coverage on 24h news channels to distract that dead dog owner.

Agree with it or not, that's the reasoning. It has been the reasoning in the past. It will be again in the future.

Remove ads