So ... Supergirl

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I'm not even watching Supergirl, but my feeling is that the attacks happened in France, so it would be in poor taste and disrespectful to show that episode in France. Over here, it would not be either one of those things.

Ryujin

Legend
This is not true. It only gives them the power to make the decision. It does not make them right.

Argue semantics if you like but the simple truth is that the holder of the property gets to decide what they do with it and, as this isn't really a situation in which anyone is harmed by their actions, they are right.

Starfox

Hero
Argue semantics if you like but the simple truth is that the holder of the property gets to decide what they do with it and, as this isn't really a situation in which anyone is harmed by their actions, they are right.

It could be said that those with the power here are those watching the show. The producers obviously thought Supergirl would sell better than Superwoman.

My personal view is that Supergirl simply sounds better than Superwoman. The first and second part of the name are of approximately the same weight. That and nostalgia.

Notice how, in Wonder Woman, the to parts not only have the same number of vowels, but also alliterate. Wonder Girl just sounds silly.

Ryujin

Legend
It could be said that those with the power here are those watching the show. The producers obviously thought Supergirl would sell better than Superwoman.

My personal view is that Supergirl simply sounds better than Superwoman. The first and second part of the name are of approximately the same weight. That and nostalgia.

Notice how, in Wonder Woman, the to parts not only have the same number of vowels, but also alliterate. Wonder Girl just sounds silly.

The issue being discussed, in those posts, was the skipping of the episode that contained elements of terrorism so soon after the attack in Paris.

As to Superwoman and Wonder Girl, both those characters actually exist in DC canon. The names just don't flow in the way that those of the primary characters do.

Remove ads