• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So the playtest packages coming online tonight at midnight or tomorrow?

Dragonblade

Adventurer
My Thursday game group is chomping at the bit to get started, but we want enough time on Thursday prior to the game to read and asborb the rules before we play.

I'm wondering if WotC will continue their tradition of posting new web content at 9 PST / 12 EST, or will post sometime tomorrow.

Also, I signed up for the initial playtest back when it was first announced a few months ago. Do I need to sign up again? Or does WotC still have my initial sign up info?

Anyone know how this will work?

Kinak

First Post
To the best of my knowledge, they haven't announced a specific time or... well, anything other than the date and dndnext.com

The original sign-up should still be good, though. At least, they haven't used it for anything else, so I can't imagine it wouldn't be.

Cheers!
Kinak

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Midnight for where? Wizards of the Coast is based out of Renton, WA so Midnight for them is 3 AM for the East Coast.

I suspect that this won't come about until around noon tomorrow. That seems to be when the Character Builder updates go through.

I'm going to be checking the website at midnight - 11 pm Kansas time, when the website content usually updates - but I'm not honestly expecting it to be there.

the Jester

Legend
I suspect that this won't come about until around noon tomorrow. That seems to be when the Character Builder updates go through.

Well, maybe- but I hope you're wrong! And it's not like they need to test the functionality of software, they just need to upload a document.

I suspect we'll see it tonight at midnight, because they want to generate goodwill with this whole process and it's ready.

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Well, maybe- but I hope you're wrong! And it's not like they need to test the functionality of software, they just need to upload a document.

I suspect we'll see it tonight at midnight, because they want to generate goodwill with this whole process and it's ready.
I hope I am wrong as well, but if I am right, I am not going to throw a tantrum about it.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Midnight for where? Wizards of the Coast is based out of Renton, WA so Midnight for them is 3 AM for the East Coast.

Their web articles and such almost always go up at 9pm Pacific Time the day before (because its midnight on the east coast). I'm hoping they follow that pattern here. :)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Now, I just signed up for this playtest this week with very little knowledge about it.

Is this something I can download and then play with my group in my house? I saw the words "public playtest" and thought maybe I needed to go into my favorite local gaming store and somebody there will run the playtest? Is there a time limit - i.e., must play by May 25 or May 30 or whatnot?

Thanks (XP for the first person who can give me the right answer - If I'm able to XP them)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads