• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So the playtest packages coming online tonight at midnight or tomorrow?

Gargoyle

Adventurer
Sort of a clunky sign up process. Got my e-mail:

Dear Dungeons & Dragons® Fan,

You are receiving this email because you requested information about the start of the D&D Next Playtest and how to participate. We are pleased to inform you that playtesting for the next iteration of D&D® has begun!

To thank you for your early interest and enthusiasm, we’re giving you a head start on downloading the playtest packet. Later today, we will be making the materials available to all playtesters.

To download your official playtest packet, please click here and follow the instructions provided. You will need to log in with your Wizards account or create one if you do not already have one.

Thank you for your interest in the D&D Next Playtest. We look forward to your participation and feedback.

Happy Adventuring,

and after logging in with my WotC account and agreeing to the terms of the playtest agreement , the web page said:

Congratulations! You are officially signed up to participate in the D&D Next Playtest. You should receive an email within the next 30-60 minutes with instructions on how to download the playtest materials. If you do not see the email in that timeframe, make sure to check your spam folders in case the instructions were accidentally moved there.

In the meantime, you can talk with other gamers and stay in touch with D&D game designers by joining the official D&D Next group page at http://community.wizards.com/dndnext.

Thank you for your interest in the next iteration of D&D. We look forward to hearing your feedback.
Happy Adventuring!
The D&D Team

So it appears that they are giving priority to those who signed up earlier (as I signed up day 1) or maybe to those with DDI accounts (I am a subscriber). Hopefully I'll get the materials before I have to go to work in about an hour.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answ.../kw/D&D%20Next

Try that. btw I just downloaded it from the above.

It's in the DND Next General Forum.

edit: I think you have to go through the hoops to wait for that 30-60 minute delayed email in order to use the link.

Worked for me. Still haven't gotten the follow up e-mail even though it's been over an hour, but I guess my account was given access.

Edit: Looks like the e-mail took 90 minutes to arrive, instead of 30-60 minutes, but I did finally get it.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Got the second e-mail, clicked the link, gave up after a half-hour of server errors.

Searched for "dnd next," gave up after a half-hour of server errors.

Clicked on PirateCat's link, and gave up after a half-hour of server errors.

Clicked on darjr's link, and gave up after a half-hour of server errors.

With each "bad server request" screen I get, BitTorrent looks a little bit more appealing. :erm:

Last edited:

RandomCitizenX

First Post
I signed up with a different email than my original wizards account. I then tried to make a new account with the new e-mail address, and tried to submit to get a download link to my original account. Neither effort has provided any succes. I can't even login to send customer support a ticket. If I try and do it there (with either account) it just kicks me back to the login with an error saying "Sorry, we are unable to log you in using the current login and password."

:erm:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads