• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So what's your favourite beer? (Forked Thread)

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Forked from: How Many Beers per Gaming Session?

Figured I should fork this from the above thread since it's getting kinda off-topic.

I like to travel when I can. I like to have good beer at the places I stop. If I were to turn up in your part of the world, what would you recommend to drink? Feel free to wax lyrical about your favourite tipple. Heck, you even discuss non-beery drinks if your really want to.

cheers all!

Mallus

Legend
I was drinking La Chouffe with some friends before a movie this afternoon, so say it's my favorite beer for today. It's fancy and it packs a wallop --much like yours truly.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
When I hit the hard liquor I prefer a single malt scotch but I should give brandy another try, it's been years since I had any.

La Chouffe. Sounds exotic. Where would I find that?

Wraith101

First Post
I feel very lucky to live in Melbourne, we have lots of pubs and bars with a massive array of beers. My favourite beer on tap at the moment is Kirin (don't like it bottled for some reason) or possibly one of the James Squire beers (the bar at uni has them)

Personally, I like to try as many different beers as I can. Lately I have been getting into some Trappist beers, all of which are brilliant.

I also had a Aventinus Weizen Eisbock the other day, that was something special.

For the general gaming group however, I tend to go for something drinkable but cheap. We were drinking Coopers green for a while but since we had a really dodgy slab, I mostly get Carlton Draught or some ALDI beer that is surprisingly good.

Bees Knees is the beer I use to introduce people. they tend to like the sweetness of the honey (it's not very malty either).

Recently I was in Belgium and discovered Delerium Tremens ( the other deleriums are not as good). I am very glad I can get it here.

Oh, and if you are in Victoria, look out for the Holgate Brewhouse they sell stuff from bottleshops but go to the brewhouse itsself for some really fresh, nice, kegged beer.

Mallus

Legend
When I hit the hard liquor I prefer a single malt scotch...
Good man. Ever have Lagavulin?

La Chouffe. Sounds exotic. Where would I find that?
It can't be too exotic, you can get it all over Philadelphia, including the package goods store around the corner from my apartment. La Chouffe is a strong Belgian pale ale, so any place that has Belgian beers would be a good place to start.

Wraith101

First Post
La Chouffe can be found in Melbourne at Beer DeLuxe (in fed square) or at the Euro Beer Cafe. I might have seen it at the Belgium in St. Kinda Rd but I wont swear on it. I am not sure if Dan Murpheys carries it. A good beer though!

For everyday quaffing I stick with my local tui...but I'll try anything. I really enjoy anything from stout to lager (although I don't like pilsener..that knocks a whole lot of euro and yank beers out)...had a great month in Belgium for example trying the extensive list of beers there!

mathogre

First Post
Beer, domestic: I like many of the brews from Samuel Adams. I prefer them dark and strong. While I don't particularly care for the odd varieties, I am partial to one at winter time. It's called Cranberry Lambic.

Beer, foreign: Guinness Stout, draft with the widget in the bottle or can. Yummy! The widgets are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Single malt: Lagavulin.

Remove ads