• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So what's your gaming experience

EricNoah

Adventurer
1.)How long have you been gaming?

Since 1979, so about 25 years.

2.)What do you play?

I play D&D and Arcana Unearthed. I might still be playing Alternity if D20 hadn't come around.

3.)What is your most memorible moment while gaming?

The end to my first Planescape campaign is a fond memory. PCs betraying each other, an uberplot suddenly and miraculously coming together, a final showdown that actually had my heart racing because none of us knew what the outcome would be.

Welcome to the boards!

Crothian

First Post
1)Summer of 80

2) right now a mix of d20 but I have played dozens of systems.

3) Hard to say but as DM it has to be the trial of Gildain...a famous adventure that was totally off the seat of the pants since the players had agreed to do one thing and last minute changed their mind...as a player it has to be when Dravos my character single handedly took out a thieves guild one night. That was fun......

NeutralGood

First Post
Wow, not to make anyone feel old but the majority of you have played more than I've lived. At least I know there are some good experienced gamers on the boards.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
1. For 14-15 years now.

2. D20 in the forms of D&D, EQ, Warcraft, D20 Modern, Darwin's World, SW, Eberron, FR, IK, and M&M. I used to play Alternity, but D20 overtook it's time at the table.

3. Far too many to mention....

Kane

NeutralGood said:
Since I'm new to the Enworld boards I thought I would try to get some of my fellow posters by asking what's your gaming experience?

2.)What do you play?

1. Since about 1980.
  2. Eberron with D&D 3.5, d20 Call of Cthulhu (from time to time), d20 Modern (from time to time) and d20 Homebrew with rules from all over the place currently. I'd like to do more; d20 Darkness & Dread, d20 Star Wars and OGL Conan to name a few.
  3. Gosh, there's been so many. I did like the recent Cthulhu/Dark Matter/Delta Green game I ran at the Detroit Gameday. One character, after having his Intelligence drained to 0 made the comment, "I guess I can erase the Dr. from my character sheet now..." That always tickles the fancy of a CoC fan...

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com

30+ years (since the beginning)

2.)What do you play?

D&D primarily

I have many but I was catching up with an old friend over the holiday and he reminded me of a game I ran where he and some other friends were playing. They had narrowly escaped a giant by going through a small opening, through which the giant couldn't fit or follow. As a parting shot, and since he rarely used it elsewise due to its unpredictable nature, my friend blasted his wand of wonder. When a stream of diamonds pelted the giant (though for not much damage) both sides were surprised. Although quite able to escape, greed overtook the party and they fought to the last man to retrieve the new found treasure. Along with a huge hoard of diamonds, the world's richest giant also has a plethora of slightly used magic items including a wand of wonder with an unknown number of charges... :p

Breakdaddy

First Post
1. Been playing since 1985, so almost 20 years now.
2. Started with OD&D, Went to AD&D, then 2nd Edition (ugh), and Now 3.x. I also enjoy playing Shadowrun, M&M, D20 Modern (with a heavy modern military bent), and Traveller T20. In the past Ive played so many RPGs they are too numerous to detail, however the non TSR games I enjoyed most back then were Twilight 2000 and Rifts (Mechanics nightmare, but damn they have flavor to spare!).
3.Its hard to say, but I must say that generally my favorite gaming moments were those moments when I could get so lost in the game that I would lose track of time and all other outside thoughts were peripheral.

kenobi65

First Post
1. Almost 23 years now.

2. Mostly 3.5 D&D and Star Wars. I have 3 different home groups, as well as playing quite a bit in various RPGA campaigns.

3. Playing the original Ravenloft module when it came out back in late '83 or early '84, and suffering my first (and, so far, only) TPK (Total Party Kill). Then, running into Tracy Hickman (the author) at GenCon a few months later, pointing at him, and shouting, "YOU!" He grinned and said, "Let me guess, Ravenloft."

derelictjay

Explorer
First gamed in 1991, but didn't game regularly until 1995

2.)What do you play?
D&D mostly, currently D&D 3.5.

Had several, but don't remember most (very flaky memory on my hard drive). Anyways had a 3.0 bard, picked up and flown into the air by the BBEG in the climatic final battle of a long running campaign, and when the bard disentigrates the BBEG, and watching the faces of my fellow players as they realized I just killed my self, but wait, I have the spell feather fall, and its a free action to use. Had that classic hero seemingly dies but saves the day, and somehow survives kinda feel to it.

sjmiller

Explorer
1. Since Christmas Day 1979, so 25 years and 10 days.

2. Currently I am playing in a MegaTraveller game, a Champions game (Hero 5th Ed) and an OD&D game (that's been running for 20 years). I am running two different D&D 3e games (one is on hiatus). I am working on running either a Villains and Vigilantes game or a Classic Marvel RPG game. Now if I could just find my old Top Secret stuff...

3. Memorable gaming moments? Let's see, the time in OD&D when we were fighting a medusa and I was using my metal shield as a mirror for shooting a sling. I made 5 total attacks on it this way, rolling a 20, a 4, a 20, a 4, and a 20. Now that cleric does trick shots with the sling all the time.

In Traveller, we were running from a group of Zhodani in combat armor firing fusion guns at us. We got to a big door with no obvious mechanism to open it. I said to the Ref, "I panic." The strong emotion caused the psionic lock to open and the drawbridge type door came crashing down. Did I mention I was right in front of the door when I did this? I was pancaked, but it was great.

In Shadowrun the players went to intimidate a restaurant owner by shooting out the front window. As they drove up, the street samurai of the group opened the sliding door of the van and opened fire without looking. He didn't see the pedestrian standing outside the restaurant looking at the menu in the window. A Roomsweeper shotgun at close range does nasty things to unarmored people. That's when they also discovered that the restaurant had ballistic glass windows.

There's more, but those are a few of the fun highlights.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads