• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So... who else has bought the new WFRP?

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Dagger75 said:
Friend of mine got it and was telling me me about it. I have the old 1st edition book and will probably pick up this one next month when my gaming budget gets replenished :)

No hanger on's for the nobel. Man those 2 guys slowed down the skaven and gave me enough time to escape.

I wonder who that is... :p We just started an Arcana Evolved campaign (it will be short-especially if we go to gaming weekly), so this will be our next game. I want one of the players to roll up a Camp Follower (all random of course). What's a Camp Follower? Well, somebody has to clean up after and pleasure all of those soldiers... :heh:

drakhe

First Post
WFRP2 rawcks!

So far I've only got one thing to squable about: I find the new insanities a bit over the top, but then again, its a world of perilous... (how many times did we hear that sentence so far ;-) )

Just got my hands on the bestiary and GM pack. I'm not too happy with the DM pack. I hate those low DM shields (contents look OK though) and the map included is functional but not very pretty. The booklet is handy but seems to repeat a lot of info (perhaps with some expanded tables)

The bestiary, is another beast (pun pun pun). I think a lot of people are going to dislike it for the limited number of actual creatures (think the classic WH critters and your basicaly done). But the amount of info you get on each is stunning. The book is divided in two parts.

The first part (player/DM stuff) actualy describes each creature in 3 ways: through the eyes of the commoner, through the eyes of a scholar, and for the sentient species, comments by members of the race. These descriptions are suposed to be read to players depending on player class and success of knowledge tests.

The second part (DM only) contains stats and rules stuff, as well as some hints and tips concerning most of these critters.

All in all I like the bestiary a lot. Thought the number of monsters is pretty low, you get loads of ideas and inspiration for each one included. And there's some very cool art!

Drakhe

BTW: I will be running the WFRP2 system as soon as my current campaign ends. (enemy within) There's too much WFRP1 and house rule specific stuff going on that I don't wan't to make the effort to cenvert mid campaign. I do intend to run the new trilogy super campaign with the new rules!

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
I'm going to be running my next campaign in WFRP 2... picked it up and it looks really cool. My groups burn out on D20 has definitely contributed. Fortunately I'll still be playing in another DnD game, so I can get my fix. :) I'm sure they'll be back to it after a break for something different.

Going to steal some of my favorite bits of Enemy Within, rewrite and throw at the players. They've not seen it before, so it'll all be fresh and nasty. :)

I like lots of the new system, but have a couple of reservations. Going to try it as written first, see how things pan out before I wield the house rule stick.

All numbers being roughly comparable to 1st edition... (Aside from better armour, but that caps out at a certain level) - I think the D10 damage dice could be a little too lethal. Might switch back to a D6, but we'll see. Perhaps fortune points might even it all out...

Initially very wowed with the magic system, but on further reflection it feels a bit simple. Kinda half tempted to adapt Realms of Sorcery and use that. Have no magic users in the starting line up of characters so it won't be an issue for a while. Can use rituals for all the NPC plot device magic I need... so that might also get left alone.

Wonder if one of the later splat books might contain a more complex magic system?

Anyway, glad I bought it!

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Oh and the insanities... some of them are really nasty. Definitely going to follow their advice on them - pick them as apt to the situation. Random rolling definitely doesn't need to be deciding that lot! :D

DeBracy

First Post
Looking forward to getting my hands on the new edition! I feel pretty much at home in the Old World for some reason, I find it much easier to improvise there than in a lot of other worlds. Maybe I'm secretly half-German, born in the 16th century? ;)

Anywho, don't miss the nice Liber Fanatica pdfs! Maybe you've seen 'em already but I thought I'd drop the URL just to make sure no-one misses out on extra Warhammer goodies.

http://www.strike-to-stun.com/board/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1196

NiTessine

Explorer
Got it, and promptly fell in love. Campaign is kicking off in June.

I especially like the fact the insanity rules take up more space than combat rules, and that there's a price table for prosthetics in the Equipment chapter. No game with insanity rules can be bad.

Remove ads