• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, who saw the premier of the new Battlestar Galactica?

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Besides all the hoopla, I have to ask a honest question, I never saw the mini, so...in the end, is it worth the time to watch, when it comes out in January?

SciFic Channel are on last legs with me, after what they did to Farscape, so in your humble opinion, should I give them a second chance?

Convince me...

jester47

First Post
Truth Seeker said:
Besides all the hoopla, I have to ask a honest question, I never saw the mini, so...in the end, is it worth the time to watch, when it comes out in January?

SciFic Channel are on last legs with me, after what they did to Farscape, so in your humble opinion, should I give them a second chance?

Convince me...

I thought it was cool. I felt that it seemed darker than the original series, and I think the acting was better, Esp since I was able to essentially watch it side by side the original. Its pretty good.

Aaron.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Morrus said:
Why? If Sky paid for it, why shouldn't they get first grab at it?
I don't blame Sky. I blame the idiots who sold airtime to Sky. I would have added into the contract a clause not to air until it aired in the US first.

I just hope that our network "suits" are savvy enough to get the same kind of airtime deal for the new Dr. Who series (we get to see it months before UK).

[image placeholder: sinister corporate smiley]

Hey Ranger REG! :)

Ranger REG said:
I don't blame Sky. I blame the idiots who sold airtime to Sky.

Nobody 'sells' airtime to Sky they broadcast about 100 tv channels over here.

Ranger REG said:
I would have added into the contract a clause not to air until it aired in the US first.

Take your pick:

1. It gets made with British money and we Brits get to see it first (just like the US gets virtually every other tv show first)
2. It doesn't get made.

Simple as that.

Ranger REG said:
I just hope that our network "suits" are savvy enough to get the same kind of airtime deal for the new Dr. Who series (we get to see it months before UK).

Surely you must be joking? There is simply no way Britain isn't getting Dr Who first.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads