So you want to be a one man moving company?

domino

First Post
My question to you is, if I were to go dungeoneering, and I wanted to empty out as much as I can, in as few trips as I can, how would you suggest I go about doing so? Heward's Handy Haversack seems like a good start. But so would a bag of holding. The bag would be heavier, and a bit more expensive, but even the smallest one would have several times the volume of the backpack.

Now, my question is, would it be feasible to pair either of those with the shrinking spell, thus making things even smaller, before cramming them into the object? And if so, does anyone know offhand how much stuff one could move?

Jack Simth

First Post
Actually, a Portable Hole has more room than most bags of holding (also costs twice the amount of the biggest bag...) and has no weight limit (just volume) and no restriction on sharp objects.

Using Shrink Item to help pack things in could cause you to lose all your loot, if you don't pull everything out and renew the spell at least every (Caster Level) days.

A pair of Ring Gates, combined with Shrink Item, are particularly useful in this regard (dump 100 lbs/day through to your safe storeage location elsewhere)

domino

First Post
I was thinking of doing the spell as an echantment on the bag/sack itself. Thus, it would activate as often as I like, and last until I decide to let it go. Like gloves of shrinking.

Rkhet

First Post
Shrink Item only work on nonmagical stuff. So you can't use it on the bag, and probably not on most other things either.

Thanee

First Post
If you craft an item with an enchantment like this, it would work, tho, much like the gloves of storing, which have no limit on magical or nonmagical items, at least I don't think they do.

Bye
Thanee

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
Be a paladin, get a poke-mount heavy horse with pack saddle (and maybe an item to boost STR). Summon, load up, dismiss.

Go back to town when the pokemount is full.

Cheap!

-Tatsu

darthkilmor

First Post
domino said:
My question to you is, if I were to go dungeoneering, and I wanted to empty out as much as I can, in as few trips as I can, how would you suggest I go about doing so?

Sphere of annihilation of course! :D Or get a beholder, make friends with it, and get him to disintegrate it all.

Or did you want to keep the stuff? :eek:

NimrodvanHall

First Post
take 2 cloths the size of a portable hole and enchant them as ring gates.
leave one at home, and bring one with you.
in the dungeon shove all possible loot in it.

domino

First Post
Now that I think about it, a handy haversack with the shrink anything addition would give me 49152 cubic feet of space, and I would be able to automatically find anything I needed. I just don't know what the pricing for that would work out to be.

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
domino said:
Now that I think about it, a handy haversack with the shrink anything addition would give me 49152 cubic feet of space, and I would be able to automatically find anything I needed. I just don't know what the pricing for that would work out to be.

It's a house rule, so it's whatever your DM says it is (including "None Exist")

-Tatsu

Remove ads